How to disable volume control (1 Viewer)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I have a X10 remote (Medion) and when I press the volume button, it changes the system volume.

Is there a way to disable that behaviour and to just let it transmit a HID command or something, so that eventghost can pick it up and that I can program other commands with this button?

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi CypherMK,

When you press the X10 volume button, does EvnentGhost show the event in its left pane interface? If yes, you're all set to do whatever you want.

I lived a situation that is a bit comparable:
    I'm using EventGhost to interface a Gyration 3101 remote and MP. It works quite well, in combination with the message plugin, mapping any button of the remote to any action.
    In fact, I'm not using the channel up/channel down buttons as intended by Mediaportal (move one page up or down in the schedule view for example) but mapped them to the function of the menu buttons up and down.
    Why did I do that. Well, the menu down button on the remote started failing. (In fact, when using the default skin of 1.2.x, zapping will inevitably result in heavy usage of that button)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In eventghost there are 2 events when I press the volume button. X10 volume up/down and system volume (value).

But I want to disable the system volume (value) and just have the x10 volume up/down entry, so without changing the system volume.

Instead I want to use a plugin that controls my marantz receiver volume. But in the current situation both my marantz receiver and my system volume gets affected by using the volume buttons.

So I hope there is a way to disable it.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've come to think of something. If I press volume up, the system volume goes up. But I could add an event that makes the system volume go down at the same time. So in the end it should remain at the same level. Maybe not a solution but maybe a good workaround? Will try tomorrow.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So I added an action in eventghost, when I change volume the system volume goes to 100%. Not perfect but a good workaround.

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    CupherMK

Can you find the link between the system volume event up/down and the actual system volume going up/down. There could very well be a link that you can disable in your Eventghost interface. Instead of adding an action to revers the effect. EventGhost is a powerfull tool, I'm sure that with a bit of brain/hand combination you'll find someting that can be shared here.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    CupherMK

Can you find the link between the system volume event up/down and the actual system volume going up/down. There could very well be a link that you can disable in your Eventghost interface. Instead of adding an action to revers the effect. EventGhost is a powerfull tool, I'm sure that with a bit of brain/hand combination you'll find someting that can be shared here.

I couldn't find anything them my pervious workaround.

But the volume isn't really eventghost dependant, because the volume also works without eventghost.

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    As I don't have experience with a combination of EventGhost and an X10 PC remote, at this point I would suggest to find a forum that combines these 2. I'm quite convinced that there are a rather high number of people that have a combination of both, and that someone must have hit the exact same issue as you have.
    Maybe you are in the same situation as discribed on this article on the eventghost wiki.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the idea, but I have the correct driver installed and there is no topic that I know of, that discusses this 'issue'.

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi CypherMK,

it seems to me that you have several programs recognizing the remote, maybe the native Windows Media Center interpretes the buttons as well.
    Do you have other issues with double events?

Try to figure out if Windows installs a native HID driver in addition to the X10 driver.
    Look at the device manager. There should only be the X10 device activated.

under (Human Interface Devices) you'll find (sorry, German):
    1 * X10 Hid Device (let it active)
    1 * HID-konformes Benutzersteuergerät (disable it)
    4 * HID-konformes Gerät (disable them)
    If you habe several HID conform devices, only disable the "X10 Hid Device" when looking into the properties.
    Good luck.
    Eggert

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom