How to erase the music database? (1 Viewer)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm trying to erase the existing music database to be able to recreate it from scratch.

I have completely cleaned up my music collection tags using Mp3tag. Every track has the correct album art included, and that same album art is exported as 'folder.jpg' in the album folder. All old .jpg files have been deleted. So I now want to update the MP music database accordingly.

I have ticked the box to take album art from the tags.

I have removed the music library folder from the list (but then you cannot exit the configuration ...). I did a rescan on one album and then on the whole music library. I have deleted the music db3 file, ...

Whatever I do the MP music database keeps coming up with the old cover art. I have no clue where it still finds this.

What am I missing?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You could just exit the MP Config and navigate to c:\programdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\databases\ and delete the music database (you might want to back it up to a different location first).

You can then re-run the MP Config and it will then auto-generate a new database file and start from scratch.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I mentioned "I have deleted the music db3 file". It doesn't help.

As it turns out the problem is limited to the 'shares' view. But that is the view I want to use.

VdR

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Most people with a good music database don't use shares view.

Might it be something to do with fanart-handler?

I am not sure, sorry.

Baron of L/S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2009
    Gippsland Lakes
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm trying to erase the existing music database to be able to recreate it from scratch.

I have completely cleaned up my music collection tags using Mp3tag. Every track has the correct album art included, and that same album art is exported as 'folder.jpg' in the album folder. All old .jpg files have been deleted. So I now want to update the MP music database accordingly.

I have ticked the box to take album art from the tags.

I have removed the music library folder from the list (but then you cannot exit the configuration ...). I did a rescan on one album and then on the whole music library. I have deleted the music db3 file, ...

Whatever I do the MP music database keeps coming up with the old cover art. I have no clue where it still finds this.

What am I missing?
    Have a look in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\teammediaportal\mediaportal\thumbs\music, (This is the path for XP) I think you'll find them here. Note these folders may be "hidden", also I strongly suggest you copy any folder contents before deleting and also suggest clearing the cache folder and rescan the database too, good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom