How-to for simple sites (1 Viewer)

Kingmob

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've been trying several times now to understand how to use the siteparser, but it's just mumbo-jumbo to me. I've seen the wiki, but it seems to skip over the most elementary tasks, presumably because these steps are straightforward once you know. Also the goal of createRegEx etc. is unclear to a user such as me.

What I'd like to know, is the simple basic steps, preferably with some example. Surely this would reduce the requested site requests quite a bit and make this plugin even more popular.

To give you two examples, I'd simply like to know how to add the live (flash) video of the following two locations:
Al Jazeera English: Live Stream - Watch Now - Al Jazeera English
3FM Serious Request 2010 - LIVE

i.e. No fancypants stuff involving rss feeds, but simply two live streams. But I don't even understand how to do that and I'm not exactly computer illiterate :\
:D

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I agree that especially Flash sites are extremely difficult to parse.

Is it possible to make a generic parser for flashsites?

/Morten

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Updated the wiki a bit here.
    Hopefully it's more clear now.

But I must say, this is for the most basic steps, where you do have the url of the stream itself.
    If you want more dynamics (categories/subcategories/videolists) only then you have to resort to using the siteparser, or if that doesn't work, program your site in C#.

As it happens, I do know the stream-url for seriousfm: 101tv, but for Al jazeera, I don't know (yet)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After a lot of searching, I didn't find any playable urls, either because the servers are too busy (through onlinevideos/wwitv/qatar for example), or are rtp or rtsp protocols, and they can't be played (as far as I know). Maybe someone else has more luck?

MPKeith

Portal Member
    September 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Had a look for the url, but this is the closest I could see to a stream url:

<script src="http://english.aljazeera.net/custom/brightcove/aje_bc.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <div style="text-align: left; padding-bottom: 20px;">
    <div id="BCplayerArea" style="width: 680px; height: 420px;"><!-- --></div>
    <script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
    RenderScVideo('747084146001','751182905001',680,440,'BCplayerArea');
    brightcove.createExperiences();
    // ]]></script>

Had a look around to see if any brightcove.com streams like the above were supported by Online-Videos, no luck so far though...

Ok, got a better stream url:

http://c.brightcove.com/services/vi...ing=true&@videoPlayer=747084146001&autoStart=

Following the instructions located here. Unfortunately it does not seem to save any channel changes using this URL - not sure what is going on perhaps the url is unsupported - any tips?

Playing around with the URL i posted above, I managed to get this swf url:

http://admin.brightcove.com/viewer/...AAAAmtVJIFk~,TVGOQ5ZTwJYW4Aj2VxnKEXntSbmcf9ZQ

Now the problem seems to be actually adding it to Online-Videos - It just does not seem to be saving the Channel/Stream in the OV options). Perhaps this is a known bug?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Those 2 links you gave are not the streams itself.
    It's a rtmp stream, which I cannot get to work. I found some rtmpdump examples of aljazeera, but neither one of them did work.

MPKeith

Portal Member
    September 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Those 2 links you gave are not the streams itself.
    It's a rtmp stream, which I cannot get to work. I found some rtmpdump examples of aljazeera, but neither one of them did work.

Thanks for giving it a go! It's a shame they have made it so hard, that Al Jazeera stream is the best by far for the lastest on Egypt...

Kingmob

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2007
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Updated the wiki a bit here.
    Hopefully it's more clear now.

But I must say, this is for the most basic steps, where you do have the url of the stream itself.
    If you want more dynamics (categories/subcategories/videolists) only then you have to resort to using the siteparser, or if that doesn't work, program your site in C#.

As it happens, I do know the stream-url for seriousfm: 101tv, but for Al jazeera, I don't know (yet)
    Thanks! I will give it a try. Btw, the link for 101tv works, but not for people outside the netherlands :( (ip blocked).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom