How to install plugin when installer says this is OLD extention (1 Viewer)

Nakasone-Nagoya

Portal Member
November 8, 2009
Home Country
Japan Japan
I am using MP 1.2.2.0
Win 7 64

I am trying to install the email plugin.
mtemailmanager

The installer says the extension MPEI is old format and refuses to install.

I Downloaded the latest version of myemailmanager but it's just a DLL which of course requires I have already installed the package.

I'm pretty frustrated so I hope someone can help me out.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there

Unfortunately I have never used that plugin so I cannot tell you if it works on 1.2.2.

If you want to manually explore your options, you can use something like 7zip to unpack the mpei file to see if there are other files (like skin/language files) inside.

Merry Christmas :)

Nakasone-Nagoya

Portal Member
    November 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Japan Japan
    I was hoping for a bit more help but maybe nobody is around because it's Christmas. I tried MP about a year ago and found the support lacking then too which made me stick with WMC I kinda hoped it had improved.

I wonder if installing MP 1.1 would allow me to install the email plugin and then upgrade to 1.2

aidbish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2007
    righthandside 3/4 way up
    hi there
    In order to get help, it would help those if you followed the rules and post your logs.
    instruction here
    MediaPortal Forum - Announcements in Forum : General Support

Alsoyou will also find people more helpful, if you dont come across as brash. comments like "oh well nobody helped me, so i'm off to somewhere else" dont work

in this case, you will probably find the plugin you are trying is not compatible witht the version of MP your running
    the plugin needs to be updated by the developer and not the mediaportal team. Plus it is holiday period, so support will be limited

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Wow, feeling a bit down over Christmas? It's suppose to be a day full of love...

How do you want help if you give such little information?
    Your post two years ago also ended up when a DEV pointing out that more information is needed if you want someone to help you. But apparently you do not agree.

Your post above states you are trying the mtemailmanager plugin. Personally never heard of it. Go ahead, search our forum and download repository for it. It does not exist. But you obviously got a file you want to test, hence my suggestion in the 2nd post. So where did you give feedback on the suggestion I made in the 2nd post? And by the way, that reply was 14 minutes after your initial post. That is really bad, maybe we must give you your money back...

And you are posting in the newcomers forum for assistance on a 3rd party plugin. In other words that plugin IS NOT developed/maintained by the official Team MeadiaPortal. Why did you not post in the relevant forum thread where other people already using the plugin are already subscribed to?

But hey, since it is the season of love, let's give you some love:
    After extensive search and downloading a few plugins, I came to the conclusion that you are referring to this plugin:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/plugin-imap-pop3-email-manager-72872/

Reading just the last two pages of that thread, just to see some recent comments of people actually using it, I saw this post with an attachment containing everything needed:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...3-email-manager-72872/index29.html#post780016

So now I am left wondering why it is easier for you to come with complaints than looking at existing posts for answers.

Please confirm if this is indeed the plugin you are trying to use so I can merge this this thread with the above mentioned thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom