How to integrate 3rd party TV application ? (1 Viewer)

eggman51

August 19, 2007
Hi All,

I am currently using meedio, but am evaluating future alternatives as Meedio was killed by Yahoo.

HOWEVER, I would like to continue to use BeyondTV as my TV application (at least until the MP TV plugin matures and the EPG support for Canada is robust).

I read about "multishortcut" as a hack to get external apps into the main menu, but it doesn't appear to work any longer.

Is there another way to get MP to allow me to use BTV as the TV application?

Also is there a way to put 3rd party applications into the main MP menu ? This was a very handy and flexible feature in Meedio, but I can't find how to do it in Media Portal.

Sorry if these are covered, I have searched but have ben unable to get an answer that works in the current and future versions of MP.

Cheers,
egg

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Which version of MP are you using?

I had the multishortcut plugin working in 0.2.2.0 stable.
I have since upgraded to 0.2.3.0RC1 and have it working in there also. Though I had to track down an SVN version (links can be found in the thread in the Plugins forum).

I don't use the home basic screen so I don't know if things show up there okay, but for me they show up and work fine in either the home or plugins screens.

If you need a copy of either pm me your e-mail and I can send either or both to you.

eggman51

August 19, 2007
tyvm for the reply.

Perhaps I configured it wrong, but I couldn't get it to work properly on 0.2.3.0 RC1. I never did any hunting for a specific SVN revision number.

Do you recall what the SVN rev # you used was? I can fool around with it to see what the integration is like.

This would be a very handy feature in Media Portal from a customizability and extensibility perspective. Meedio did a great job of this. I have KAF and WAF factors to deal with (kid and wife acceptance) so a robust solution is preferable. MP looks very god, but the TV stuff isn't quite to the polish level that BTV is at, so I need to figure out a way to continue to use it as the TV application.

tanks again.
eg

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
tyvm for the reply.

Perhaps I configured it wrong, but I couldn't get it to work properly on 0.2.3.0 RC1. I never did any hunting for a specific SVN revision number.

Do you recall what the SVN rev # you used was? I can fool around with it to see what the integration is like.

This would be a very handy feature in Media Portal from a customizability and extensibility perspective. Meedio did a great job of this. I have KAF and WAF factors to deal with (kid and wife acceptance) so a robust solution is preferable. MP looks very god, but the TV stuff isn't quite to the polish level that BTV is at, so I need to figure out a way to continue to use it as the TV application.

tanks again.
eg

I don't think the one in the download page will work with RC1. I just went through the thread and downloaded what seemed to be the latest version at the time.
You can try this one. It's undoubtedly a newer version than mine, but people are using it fine by the looks of this thread with RC1. Undoubtedly it will have some tweaks that my older version doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom