How to play movie directly form the movies list (1 Viewer)

Leo Bruno

December 24, 2015
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi:

All my movies are placed on their own directory (folder).
I was wondering if its possible to select the movie directly from the movies list.
To be more specific, when I choose the movie, i descend 1 level, and have to click on the movie image again in order to play it.
Is it possible to not having to do it ?

Thanx in advance

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello Leo & Welcome to MediaPortal - I'm assuming your using MePo 1, could you please fill in your profile details with system info:)

What you want is perfectly possible(y)

Using built in Video plugin, you just map the movie folder [share] and then when you enter Video section of MePo you'll have movies presented.

Set using MePo Config, your only looking that Video Folders section IF all you want is click & play - if you want details on movie, you'll need look at
    Database section.

See Wiki - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/7_Videos

NOTE - you can do a LOT more than just click & play with native plugin and MovingPictures in the future should you want too.

Cheers - JCMP.

Leo Bruno

December 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hello Leo & Welcome to MediaPortal - I'm assuming your using MePo 1, could you please fill in your profile details with system info:)

What you want is perfectly possible(y)

Using built in Video plugin, you just map the movie folder [share] and then when you enter Video section of MePo you'll have movies presented.

Set using MePo Config, your only looking that Video Folders section IF all you want is click & play - if you want details on movie, you'll need look at
    Database section.

See Wiki - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/13_Setup_Guides/7_Videos

NOTE - you can do a LOT more than just click & play with native plugin and MovingPictures in the future should you want too.

Cheers - JCMP.

Thank you very much, but I couldn´t do it ...

when selecting a video from the list and clicking on it, I´m still entering that video "folder" with only 2 options avaiable, an arrow to go back to the list and the video image to play the movie ... I couldn´t manage to play it directly from the list.

I noticed that there is an option called "each folder is a movie" or somethinf like that, but even checked as yes, I still have to select the movie to enter it´s folder and than click on the image again to play it.

I´m using mp 1.13

Thanx anyway

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah - you mean a folder PER movie - sorry I read it as one folder containing movies - so what your seeing is correct.:(

In Config-> MyVideos I think you'll need to import the movies [scan and then edit IF needed to fix any issues] and MePo its self, set the View to Title in MePo itself [via hidden menu].

Cheers - JCMP.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In more detail:
    1. Open MP Config and navigate to Videos | Videos Database
    2. Go to Tab Settings
    3. Click Update grabber scripts
    4. Select an adequate grabber under Available Databases . Depending on your country (Brazil) it might be necessary to find a different grabber and add it to the script directory of MediaPortal
    5. Go to tab Scan
    6. Tick the folders that you want to scan, adjust other settings to your needs
    7. Click Update Database From Selected Shares
    In your skin make sure that under Videos you have selected the database and not the share view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom