how to setup my mce remote control (1 Viewer)

brembo

Portal Member
January 10, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
I have some question about how to setup my mce remote control in mediaportal (1.0.0.0) and I don't find a wiki about it.

I'd like to have a button to open the left context menu in any page of my media portal, (I don't know how to call it: it's the menu that appears when you go with the mouse on the left) but I didn't find the way.

I have a mce remote and it works well with the default options.

Thank you for your help,

Brembo

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is no way to open without using the arrow key, and as it is just one button press, could not really see any advantage even if you could :confused:

Remotes are wonderful things :D

jackflack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2008
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the SIIG vista remote and I have a "i" button that opens that menu. If you have a button not in use, you can change the media portal input key to your free key.

-Jack

brembo

Portal Member
    January 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have the SIIG vista remote and I have a "i" button that opens that menu. If you have a button not in use, you can change the media portal input key to your free key.

-Jack

Thank you for your reply.

But my problem is actually this: how can I setup a free key to do that?
    Can you check in your mp configuration how is set your "i" button?
    Or do you know what's the name of this menu?

To "Paranoid Delusion":

Sorry, but what you say it's not true because when you are in "icon view" and you are in the right of the screen you have to reach the left of the screen before to "press the arrow key" and to have the menu and sometime is not enough. What I need is to open this menu in any position of the screen.

Thank you for your help.
    Brembo

jackflack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2008
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The "i" button was an example of what came on my Siig Vista remote

Under Mediaportal Configuration/ General / Keyboard Shortcuts you can see what keys do what under certain features. My "i" key on my Siig remote emulates the "Y" key in Fullscreen Video, My Videos, & Full Screen TV.

Now here is the tricky part.

First you need to know what your free button emulates. This means if you hit this particular button under vista, what should it do? does is send F5? or some other key function? If it does, you can redirect it.

For example lets say my vista remotes free button send the "insert" key. You can do the following.

Under Mediaportal Configuration/ General / Keys and Sounds You can see global and you can see Windows. What you want to do is find the corresponding action and change which key input is used to enable that action.

To get an idea open the windows + key and scroll down to the Fullsceen TVs + and open it then goto Toggle the OSD and you will see the action that is caused Action_SHOW_OSD Key=Y and the sound it would make if nesscisary,

I hope I gave you enough information to go on from there. Ill check this tomorrow and see if you made the progress you needed to.

-jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom