How to Show ALL Albums? (1 Viewer)

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
How can I view ALL my albums on one page, rather than having to deal with alphabetized folders?

I am trying to view all my albums, sorted by artist, but instead of a list showing all the albums, I get a list of folders, one for each letter of the alphabet (oh, and not consecutive, since I guess it arranges the folders depending on the artist name:-(

There must be another way....

Thanks in advance!

TV-Server Version: None
MediaPortal Version: V0.2.3.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: FOOFARAW_V1.0.6
Windows Version: Vista 32b
CPU Type: Intel C2D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sure there is another way.
    You can create your own views.
    use MP Configuration -> Music -> Music Views

select the Album view.
    if you want to get rid of the alphabetic letters, simply go to the last column in the first row, the one labeled with "Act" and enter a "d".
    Press Save and now you should have what you need.

instead of modifying the default album view, you always can create a new view.

MacMini

Portal Pro
    May 16, 2006
    Sure there is another way.
    You can create your own views.
    use MP Configuration -> Music -> Music Views

select the Album view.
    if you want to get rid of the alphabetic letters, simply go to the last column in the first row, the one labeled with "Act" and enter a "d".
    Press Save and now you should have what you need.

instead of modifying the default album view, you always can create a new view.

Wow! It works!

I am extremely happy to say that you rock, and I am feeling like a happy idiot:)

Thank you!

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry for the necro, but I am trying the exact same thing, however, I am simply unable to edit any cells in the "Act" column. I can click and double-click all I want on the cell, it simply does not let me edit that cell (and hitting 'd' without being in editing mode of a cell deletes the row of course). This is in MediaPortal 1.1.2.0. What could be going wrong here?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The "Act" cell is for "Action" and you can't edit it, this is used for deleting/inserting rows :)

You can, however, edit the other columns.

What are you trying to achieve?

PS: The music view is MUCH improved in MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta when this is released. Untill then, you must live with the quirks it has.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You need to delete a row, so go to Act on the row that groups the Album name by 1st character and press D

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The "Act" cell is for "Action" and you can't edit it, this is used for deleting/inserting rows :)

You can, however, edit the other columns.

What are you trying to achieve?

PS: The music view is MUCH improved in MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta when this is released. Untill then, you must live with the quirks it has.

Oh ok ;). Looking forward to 1.2.0 then. And I was trying to achieve the same thing as the OP: getting rid of the alphabet list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom