How to use batch files with Xpadder (1 Viewer)

milpool

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just wanted to share some info a pieced together from various sources for people who use xpadder to enable quick saving, loading and exiting via their controller. I setup my emulators plugin to run a .bat file for each system instead of just the standard .exe One nice benefit of this is that you can change xpadder profiles for more than one controller. My examples below assume you have already generated xpadder profiles.

Here are some examples of batch files I made:

This opens xpadder and loads xpadder profiles named snes for player 1 and 2. The set var=%1% makes sure that the game I chose from my emulators is still passed to the emulator at start time. With these batch files you can define seperate keys to do save, load and quit for each emulator (since not all emulators let you remap save,load and quit).

set var=%1%
start "" "C:\Program Files\xpadder_gamepad_profiler\Xpadder.exe" snes snes
start "" "C:\Emulators\zsnesw151\zsnesw.exe" %1%

And Another example for epsxe:

set var=%1%
start "" "C:\Program Files\xpadder_gamepad_profiler\Xpadder.exe" psx psx
start "" "C:\Emulators\epsxe170\ePSXe.exe" -nogui -loadbin %1%

Jomboni

Portal Member
July 23, 2006
This is great! I already got xpadder set up to map 2 buttons that I don't use in gameplay to Alt+F4 respectively (so I don't just hit a single button and quit by mistake), but this way I can also save/load states for each emulator! Well... except for the Project64 because it already uses all the buttons on my controller...

Jomboni

Portal Member
July 23, 2006
Has anybody written a batch file for project64? For some reason mine will not load the rom file. Here is what I have (I only have 1 controller):

set var=%1%
start "" "C:\Program Files\xpadder\Xpadder.exe" n64
start "" "C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Project64.exe" %1%

I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that in the MyEmulators settings you have to leave the "Use Quotes in Paths" setting unchecked for this emulator, but I can't figure out what I would have to do differently in the batch file to reflect that? I thought maybe taking the quotes out of the beginning of the line that launches the emulator might do the trick, but no luck :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom