[Approved] How to Video database section and My Movies get to life (1 Viewer)

cyberfix

Portal Member
January 16, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Concerning your code, if new tab and it's code part was in separate methods there shouldn't be not any problem, but if you used some of the methods inside MovieDatabase.cs maybe you will need to adapt it but much rework was new added code, old one is not changed too much except in covers handling and some small fixes.

It will be good if you can post your changes as unified diff patch file (against 1.1.1 or better for latets SVN) so I can let you know pretty fast where you can have a problem (if any).

Thanks for you quick reply!

Here is the problem... I recently converted my machine to a virtual machine. The code was on an external hard drive that started going out on me. I was able to copy all of the code to a RAID system and have it now, but it was not able to copy any of the SVN data. It does not see the revision info and what was patched anymore.

I am not sure if there is an easy way of creating a patch now as I am not a SVN expert. Any ideas?

In the meantime, mode code is located:
Designer - added new tab called "tabPageProfilerImport" with the controls that are associated with it.
Code:
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Controls.Add(this.cbDuplicateSkip2);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Controls.Add(this.label7);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Controls.Add(this.label12);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Controls.Add(this.labelImportStatus2);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Controls.Add(this.progressBarImportStatus2);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Controls.Add(this.cbSortTitle2);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Controls.Add(this.cbCopyImages2);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Controls.Add(this.label15);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Controls.Add(this.mpButton3);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Controls.Add(this.mpButton4);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(4, 22);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Name = "tabPageProfilerImport";
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Padding = new System.Windows.Forms.Padding(3);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(458, 376);
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.TabIndex = 7;
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.Text = "DVD Profiler Import";
        this.tabPageProfilerImport.UseVisualStyleBackColor = true;

Code form - There are only two areas of code assigned to buttons
Code:
private void mpButton3_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
private void mpButton4_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

mpButton4 is the RESET button code and mpButton3 is the DVD Profiler import code.

These are the only two areas of code and it is not mixed with any MP code.

I would be glad to help in any way possible. I have one other patch that I always do and I may be overlooking something on if I really need it. I will post it for your thoughts after I can find a way to create a patch file for it.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    OK, I will try to inject and adapt your code against latest SVN to see if you will have any problem and will give you patched files here so you can continue your work. I hope it will do it's job as before without too much changes because I did My Videos changes carefully not break anything crucial in MP code.

cyberfix

Portal Member
    January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, I will try to inject and adapt your code against latest SVN to see if you will have any problem and will give you patched files here so you can continue your work. I hope it will do it's job as before without too much changes because I did My Videos changes carefully not break anything crucial in MP code.

I don't know if this helps, but I was able to create a patch of my changes against MP v1.1.0 final build. I am attaching the DIFF file and an image showing what the other patch was for.

The other patch simply showed the name of the file in stacked mode. So if you clicked on Family Guy Volume 1, it would show all of the Discs for the various episodes, then at the top of the dialog box, it shows the name of the currently selected episode. I never understood why this was not always normal functionality and I am not sure if my patch is the right way to do it as I query the database.

Thanks again!

Edit:
    I will attach the other files too in case this patch does not work right.

Attachments

• stacked-movie.jpg
      stacked-movie.jpg
      132.6 KB
    • MediaPortal v1.1.0 Final - Patch.zip
      21 KB
    • GUIDialogFileStacking-Patches.zip
      9 KB

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Ok heres the diff files for your patch against latest SVN 26558. I added some code for managing movie title and covers (please have a look and see if this will work for you) how is now handled.

Patch for stack mode can be used in latest SVN but it doesn't work as it should (selected stack file name/title is scattered around the screen). As there is some changes in skin managing in 1.2.0 try to see what causes trouble, overall it works but you need to fix those labels problems. If you manage you can post your result here Submit: code patches (MediaPortal/TV-Server/etc.) - MediaPortal Forum as diff patch and binaries and surely devs will look into it. This will be nice feature.

If I can help you more just ask here.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    how would the folder structure would/should look like for series? (I don't have any series.. yet)

would it be the same for DVD Movies?

Vff

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Easiest is one folder and Serie cd1, Serie CD2, Serie CD3 ..... with that you will have only one title with stacked files inside, something like screen-shot few posts above, or if seasons like Season1: Serie [1-1], Serie [1-2].. Season 2: Serie [2-1], Serie [2-2]....

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: How to Video database section and My Movies get to life

Hi Deda,
    may I have a maybe silly question:
    is there the possibility to load/update movie/actor infos via classes/calls also from within a plugin - or is this only possible from configuration utility?
    So let's say: I display a movie, want to display actor infos, they're not yet in the db, so I call routines to add them (and also show the thumbs)?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: AW: How to Video database section and My Movies get to life

Hi Deda,
    is there the possibility to load/update movie/actor infos via classes/calls also from within a plugin - or is this only possible from configuration utility?
    So let's say: I display a movie, want to display actor infos, they're not yet in the db, so I call routines to add them (and also show the thumbs)?

Sorry for little late response, yes it's possible, just reference MP Database.dll:
    using MediaPortal.Video.Database;

and with (ie. mpMovies object):
    VideoDatabaseSqlLite mpMovies = new VideoDatabaseSqlLite();

it should work.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: How to Video database section and My Movies get to life

Hi Deda,

Sorry for little late response, yes it's possible, just reference MP Database.dll:
    using MediaPortal.Video.Database;

and with (ie. mpMovies object):
    VideoDatabaseSqlLite mpMovies = new VideoDatabaseSqlLite();

it should work.

Hi Deda,
    will give it a try; I think I should check available classes first and come back if I have further questions ;-)
    Thanks, Guzzi

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: How to Video database section and My Movies get to life

hi Deda,
    i have upgraded mepo from 1.1.1 plus your binaries from 08.10.2010 to V1.2alpha - so far functionality is fine, BUT: I have a masive decrease in performance, when loading big facades.
    I saw, there were some changes (26489, optimized cache, 26488, deadlock fix) and even tried to recompile without those changes, but that didn't help.
    loading a big facade goes from 1-2 seconds to 10-30 seconds with mepo 1.2.
    Any hint, how this problem could be hunted down? There is nothing in the logs - and I can#t create problemreport, because former version is not an official release - but I would be very much interested in getting this problem fixed - have reverted to 1.1.1 with your binaries for the time being ...
    thanks, Guzzi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom