How to view a film from example SF-anytime w/ MediaPLayer10 (1 Viewer)

Mandrake

Portal Member
February 25, 2006
Hi!

Thanx for exelent application!!! :)

As a new user and new to this forum I have searched and unfortunately not yet found information on how you can view movies offered from commercial sites like SF-anytime.com. These sites requires Windows Media Player 9 or later and they further requirer that there is an individualized player. Next you fix an account and start to view movies. It would be exelent if this could be done using Media Portal!

I thought opening an external media player from the Media Portal would be the easiest way to set it up but I got lost when I tried to set it up via "My Programs".

Is there a known link of a setup. Help would be much appreciated as I have been trying on my own now for 2 weeks without success.

Cheers........Mandrake

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I've done this with the My programs plugin. Unfortunatly I can't check my settings since I'm trying to recover from a computer crash, but it wasn't too hard to set up. I'm not sure but I think I set up a File launcher in the plugin and named it something like 'Online movies'. I set the launching application to iexplore.exe.

On the next tab, where you add the files to launch with the application, I put "http://www.sf-anytime.com" as filename and called it 'SF Anytime'. I put another one in there called 'Film2Home' with filename "http://www.film2home.se". Repeat this with any sites you wish to use. Test launch the sites from within the plugin settings, if it doesn't work you have to play around with quotes around filenames to match the setting on the first page.

This will launch an explorer window with their site and they've made it act like a fullscreen application. you just close that window to return to MP. Some of these sites use one browser window to launch a second fullscreen window, in those cases you obviously need to close both windows to get back to MP.

This is completely taken from memory and I realize it might be kind of hard to follow. Once I get my computer up and running again I'll take notes of how I set this up so I can post a better explanation. Still, I hope it helps!

Mandrake

Portal Member
February 25, 2006
Hi!

Faaantaaaaastic got it all going!!!!!! :)

This application is showing to be better and better!!!!

Many many thanx for effort and support!!!

Mandrake

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom