how to watch a recording from beginning while still recording? (1 Viewer)

arjay

Portal Pro
April 25, 2006
Coin, Spain
[SOLVED] how to watch a recording from beginning while still recording?

Sorry for what is probably me just being thick, but I thought with my last version of MP I could go to "Recorded TV", see something that is in the progress of being recorded, and then start watching it while it goes on recording. (Thought that was one of the main features of mc software?)

Anyway - I uninstalled 2.0.4 and installed 2.1.0. Now I don't see anything like "recording in progress" in Recorded TV. I have to stop the recording and then it appears in Recorded TV. Then I have to start it recording again while I watch the first part.

I know I must be doing something wrong - is it anything to do with time shifting? i have read up the bits in the wiki and looked at FAQs etc but can't find anything relevant.

TIA for any help - bit of a newbie to say the least, but I am trying!

RJ

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Simply tune to the channel the recording is on, and jump back to the beginning. The recording will continue and you can watch the show.

arjay

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Coin, Spain
    Hey Inker - thanks for replying so promptly. I'll try that.

Just while I have your "ear" so to speak, am I right that we used to be able to go to Recorded TV and see the title of any program that was being recorded with the note "recording in progress"? I am afraid it might have been MS MCE (YUCH) that I was using up until recently, and that i have got them confused?

RJ

jpreville

April 22, 2005
    I usually just goto Scheduled Programs...look for the one recording..click the info button and select start watching from beginning. i dont think it shows up in Recorded Tv till its totally done recording.

- John

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Yeah, I can't remember recording ever showing up in Recorded TV until they were finished, but you can access them through Scheduled. That is why Recorded TV is past tense.

arjay

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Coin, Spain
    Yeah, I can't remember recording ever showing up in Recorded TV until they were finished, but you can access them through Scheduled. That is why Recorded TV is past tense.

Hmmm .. I am not at my MP machine at the mo but I can't remember ever seing Scheduled Programs - is that supposed to be in the main menu?

Sorry to be so vague

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    If you go into TV it is in the list on the left, right above Recorded TV. It contains all your currently scheduled and recording and finished recording TV shows.

arjay

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Coin, Spain
    Thanks pal - silly me: it was staring me in the face.

Now if only I could find how to copy/record a CD in MP <g>. I found how to play one but not record??

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Now if only I could find how to copy/record a CD in MP <g>. I found how to play one but not record??
    In MP configuration you can set everything up to copy a cd to mp3. You have to manually install the Lame mp3 encoder, but the link's even included in the configuration program. If you've already done that, put a cd in the drive, enter My music and open the cd in MP to view the files. Right click (F9) one of the files and select if you want to copy the song, or the entire album.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom