HowTo: Building MediaPortal with #Develop (1 Viewer)

S

Stoney3K

Is it possible to update this HOWTO for the 1.0.4 version of MP? I encountered some other errors (duplicate references, but .resources files were named differently than displayed in this HOWTO), and when I finally got the thing compiled I could start it, and found a window with two sets of dates and times in the center of the screen. Strange thing is that the button text was missing, and when I clicked what was presumably the OK button, the window disappeared but the time/date sets stayed there. Configuration works fine. Changing display modes causes crash (NullReference exception)...

I would go for 1.0.2 but I have a SkyStar 2 card and want to use it with MP... :(

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I don't think that anyone is using #develop to compile MP. Around release 0.1.0.0 the code structure in CVS changed which makes this instruction outdated. If you figure out how to use #develop feel free to update the instruction on the Wiki ( http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/howto:compile_mp )

For now if you just want to compile MP (and you don't have VS.NET) I would recommend Nant, since I know that one description is still up-to-date.

A

Anonymous

#Develop is still working fine (as of 0.1.0.4) and the instruction above is mostly correct. If I get some time I'll write the steps down.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Haven't tried it myself yet, but #Develop 2.0 (still beta) should at least be able to compile .NET 2.0 programs. Not sure if it supports VS2005 solution files. You can get the 2.0 beta from the download page.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom