Howto: Get Comskip to work with MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Install comskip:
1. Download the latest Comskip release: http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/files/
2. Unzip the comskip file to Your preferred folder. I'll use C:\Comskip for the simplicity.
3. No changes is needed in the ini files for it to work, but you might wanna check out the tuning document once you got it to work.

In MediaPortal Configuration:
1. Go to Plugins section. In the Process Plugins section, Right-click the Comskip Launcher plugin and Enable it.
2. Right-click it again and select configuration.
3. Make sure the "Program:" field is targeting the correct file and folder. In my example: C:\Comskip\comskip.exe
4. Leave the parameters as they are.
attachment.php

While in MediaPortal configuration:
To get the keyboard keys to work with Next Chapter and Prev Chapter (Which MediaPortal uses to skip the commercials) you might need to map the keys. On the MCE remote these buttons seems to work without any changes.
1. Expand the "General Node" and select "Keys and Sounds".
2. Expand the "Windows" node in the Assignments box.
3. Expand the "Fullscreen Video specific actions"
4. Click add and add 2 new assignment:
attachment.php

Description: Next Chapter
Action: ACTION_NEXT_CHAPTER
Key: F8

Description: Prev Chapter
Action: ACTION_PREV_CHAPTER
Key: F7

Troubleshooting:
Comskip currently havn't got support for .dvr-ms with .sbe files. A manual recording could produce these. (The .dvr-ms file is very small, and there's multiple hidden .sbe files). The only way to get around that is to convert it to a MPEG and run comskip on it.

Links:
Comskip
Tuning Comskip
Comskip forums
Ralph's tips and trick post about running comskip from MyProgram
---

This should get you going. After you make a new recording comskip should get launched in the background and produce a .txt, .logo.txt and a .log file in your recording folder.
If you already got recordings that you want to run Comskip on you need to run them manually.

Attachments

• mpComskip.gif
    mpComskip.gif
    6.2 KB
  • mpConfig.gif
    mpConfig.gif
    14.9 KB
  • mpKeys.gif
    mpKeys.gif
    16 KB

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have installed the donor comskip program. It is installed in c:\Program Files\Comskip\comskip.exe the program works great by clicking on a .ts file. It will not auto run from TVserver.
    From TVservice.log [2015-04-09 19:10:12,637] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - ComSkipLauncher: Recording ended (M:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\KYTXDT\CBS 19 News at 6_30PM\CBS 19 News at 6_30PM - 2015-04-09 - S- - E- - -.ts on KYTXDT), launching program (C:\Program Files\Comskip\comskip.exe " M:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\KYTXDT\CBS 19 News at 6_30PM\CBS 19 News at 6_30PM - 2015-04-09 - S- - E- - -.ts") ...
    and another
    [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - ComSkipLauncher: Recording ended (M:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\KYTXDT\The Big Bang Theory\The Big Bang Theory - 2015-04-09 - SEP00931182 - E- - The Fortification Implementation.ts on KYTXDT), launching program (C:\Program Files\Comskip\comskip.exe " M:\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\KYTXDT\The Big Bang Theory\The Big Bang Theory - 2015-04-09 - SEP00931182 - E- - The Fortification Implementation.ts") ...
    Yet no marking are found and no additional files in the folder.
    When I click on the files and run comskip it works.

The best I can tell the program is not running from the plugin. Where can I look, flag, inspect or whatever to see what is happening?
    Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom