HTML for Australia? (1 Viewer)

masterpointer

Portal Member
August 13, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi
I'm a newbie and need some help, please.

As Media Centre is no longer available in Windows 10, I've installed Media Portal which works fine with ICETV (which is too expensive)! and I wonder if anyone can tell me a) if HTML FTA program guide is available for Austalia and b) if so, is there any help available? Or any other suggestions? Please...

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

masterpointer

Portal Member
    August 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Therein lies the question! I can find programs for UK and NZ, but not for OZ.

I have tried to install the NZ version of above, but when I run the program it says it can't find the init file.

Thanks for your suggestions

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Australia's free-to-air DVB-T (digital terrestrial - received from an aerial) broadcasts include EPG data... so why do you need an "HTML guide"?

I have tried to install the NZ version of above, but when I run the program it says it can't find the init file.
    Sorry, no idea what you're talking about! :confused:

masterpointer

Portal Member
    August 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    At the moment I'm using ICETV as the EPG for Media Portal. I was only able to incorporate that in the program because there is a comprehensive help file available of how to do that. ICETV is too expensive ($U$99 a year) and I'm trying to find a free EPG, but even if I do, I wouldn't know how to set it up unless there is some help available. That's what trying to find out..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, well for a start, you get what you pay for. You are not going to find a free source of EPG data that gives you the same quality of data as ICETV.

If you're willing to accept that fact and still want to try a free source then you should be able to simply use the built in EPG grabber. Configuration would be simple:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Navigate to the DVB EPG section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG
      1. Ensure "grab EPG only for channels on same transponder" is unticked.
      2. Ensure one or both of "EPG grabbing while idle" and "EPG grabbing while timeshifting/recording" are enabled.
    3. Navigate to the TV EPG grabber sub-section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ver_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG/1_TV_EPG_Grabber
      1. Ensure "store data only for selected channels" is unticked.
      2. Tick all channels.
    4. Navigate to the Radio EPG grabber sub-section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Configuration/05_DVB_EPG/2_Radio_EPG_Grabber
      2. Tick all channels.

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You need to keep an eye out for the IceTV offers from time to time - they have half price deals - $49. (my last payment was for $149 for 4 years - I am paid upto April 2019 ~$37/year)

As pointed out to you above, there is the FTA EPG data that can be configured (the same as you see on the "guide" on your (Digital) TV.

and I'm trying to find a free EPG, but even if I do, I wouldn't know how to set it up unless there is some help available. That's what trying to find out..

As also pointed out above, there is a wiki - have a read of that and follow those instructions and then see how you go. The wiki help is very good.

Last edited:

masterpointer

Portal Member
    August 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    that worked! - Thanks for your help.
    Okay, well for a start, you get what you pay for. You are not going to find a free source of EPG data that gives you the same quality of data as ICETV.

If you're willing to accept that fact and still want to try a free source then you should be able to simply use the built in EPG grabber. Configuration would be simple:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Navigate to the DVB EPG section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG
      1. Ensure "grab EPG only for channels on same transponder" is unticked.
      2. Ensure one or both of "EPG grabbing while idle" and "EPG grabbing while timeshifting/recording" are enabled.
    3. Navigate to the TV EPG grabber sub-section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ver_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG/1_TV_EPG_Grabber
      2. Tick all channels.
    4. Navigate to the Radio EPG grabber sub-section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Configuration/05_DVB_EPG/2_Radio_EPG_Grabber
      2. Tick all channels.
    That worked! - Thanks for your help

masterpointer

Portal Member
    August 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You need to keep an eye out for the IceTV offers from time to time - they have half price deals - $49. (my last payment was for $149 for 4 years - I am paid upto April 2019 ~$37/year)

As pointed out to you above, there is the FTA EPG data that can be configured (the same as you see on the "guide" on your (Digital) TV.

and I'm trying to find a free EPG, but even if I do, I wouldn't know how to set it up unless there is some help available. That's what trying to find out..

As also pointed out above, there is a wiki - have a read of that and follow those instructions and then see how you go. The wiki help is very good.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439685599][/DOUBLEPOST]I haven't seen any "special offers" from Ice". $37 seems a lot more reasonable...

Anyway, I have now managed to get MP running with the b/i schedule (thanks to mm1352000), so I'll see how I go with that guide, but I'll certainly look out for a "special". Thanks for your suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom