Tools and other software HTPC applications with web interface? (1 Viewer)

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
My HTPC does other things (fileserver, etc). However, I never want to exit Mediaportal and therefore need a way to remotely manage other applications. For example, sabnzbd is great (obviously) because I can run it on my HTPC and manage it remotely through the web interface. My question is, what other web based apps to you use on the same remote machine? I'd like to store all my music on the HTPC and still sync it with iPod/Android devices without having to actually exit the HTPC software. That is, I'd like to manage it remotely. Any suggestions? Any other apps you use?

thanks

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    my solution to this is the terminalservice hack, it enables you to do multiple remote desktop sessions, that way i have mediaportal running in fullscreen, and i have a second user which so can be logged in via remote desktop, in which session all the stuff like jdownloader, utorrent, ... is running

the terminalservice hack can be found here: TCP-Z, Best TCP/IP Patch: Universal Termsrv.dll Patch V1.0b Build 20090425 Release

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom