HTPC case: Silverstone LC10 or LC10M (1 Viewer)

gigi5311

September 11, 2005
Hi to everybody

For my HTPC I have seen the cases Silverstone LC10 and LC10M

I set the following problem:

- LC10 (base model without VFD/IR) I succeed in retrieving it for around 100 EURs
- LC10M (model with VFD/IR remote control) for around 200 EURs.

Does someone know the two models and, can tell me, kindly, if it is worth to choose (spending 100 EURs more) the LC10M?
The VFD/IR remote control of LC10M can be used, as the only remote control, for MediaPortal? Is it supported ?

Thanks in advance.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    I bought the LC11M because I wanted the VFD on the front. Both excellent cases but I figured to buy a vfd after the LC11 would cost more (Canadian Dollars) ...and no place to put it really so I spent the extra money.

Im happy with the LC11M and the VFD workes in MP without any trouble at all.

[Edit]
    I forgot to mention the remote too ..that would be an extra cost as well and the one with the LC11M is very nice. With the mykeys plugin all the buttons work properly

vbgeezer

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2004
    Auckland, New Zealand
    LC10M owner

I have just got a LC10m and it rocks the remote is a little weak to be fair but the case is awsome. The VFD is greate and with the plugin works really well in MediaPortal. That said I have ha dmine for 3 weeks and I still have a burning desire to get the Logitech Harmony 680 remote - it just looks so good. I also have a Niveus Rf remote that works really welkl the Imon that comes with the LC10m is IR so weak signal and line of sight so if you can afford the seperate remote and VFD then I say get the LC10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom