HTPC config, is there enough ooommph? (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks good to me. The hard drive should be enough, but it doesn't give you any room to expand if your system needs change.

I doubt your will need that much memory (I only have 2 gig), but you can never have enough memory!

Robbo100

P.S Sorry about the slow reply.

komita

Portal Member
    August 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks guys, the responses were exactly what I needed!!

As per all of your suggestion on the hard drive size (and Tony's note that it wont make a huge difference coming back from sleep) I will hold off on the SSD for now, since I have some 60GB SATA's lying around, that way I dont risk it with it being too small and at the same time save some money. (I can always add later)

I do realize the memory is a bit moe than needed but it's a fairly good deal and heck as robbo100 says it never hurts to have more.

Holzi that is a good point, I havent (and dont know how to truly check if it fits) but reading reviews of the case I think I will be ok with a low profile graphic card, a blu-ray player and one hard drive. I will be getting the TV card last so I'll worry about it then.

MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS!!
    :D:D

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    on the matter of the ASUS M4A88T-I Deluxe.... does anyone know if the eSATA supports a port multiplier? I'm looking to adding up to 4 additional external media drives (1 BRD and 3 2Tb HHDs)

Thanks!

Chuck

jeremfg

Portal Member
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks guys, the responses were exactly what I needed!!

As per all of your suggestion on the hard drive size (and Tony's note that it wont make a huge difference coming back from sleep) I will hold off on the SSD for now, since I have some 60GB SATA's lying around, that way I dont risk it with it being too small and at the same time save some money. (I can always add later)

I do realize the memory is a bit moe than needed but it's a fairly good deal and heck as robbo100 says it never hurts to have more.

Holzi that is a good point, I havent (and dont know how to truly check if it fits) but reading reviews of the case I think I will be ok with a low profile graphic card, a blu-ray player and one hard drive. I will be getting the TV card last so I'll worry about it then.

MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS!!
    :D:D

Did you get it? How does it run (specially with 1080i)? I'm looking for experience before building my first HD HTPC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom