HTPC hibernates instead of going into S3 (1 Viewer)

lsandini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Kuopio
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello,

I built a cheap HTPC on an ABIT Fatal1ty F-190HD, SATA-2 HDD, Vista. Everythings works, but sending the HTPC into sleep makes it hibernate. Long writing times to HDD, and again long wake-up times when reading from HDD.

My other machine shuts down into S3 in about 6 seconds, and wakes up in 10...

I can't find the correct setting for that though, S3 is enabled in the BIOS, and unlike XP, I cannot find the option to disable hibernation in Vista.

A scratch in the back please ?

Lorenzo

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I built a cheap HTPC on an ABIT Fatal1ty F-190HD, SATA-2 HDD, Vista. Everythings works, but sending the HTPC into sleep makes it hibernate

You may know this, vista uses a combination of S3\S4 hybrid sleep, your timings are similar to mine, and mines a pretty fast setup all round, so on a budget system, things just may dramatically slow down, cannot even see anywhere under power settings to change from hybrid to S4, in fact just done a search on this and to enable hibernation you need to do it from a command prompt to force its use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom