Ongoing HTPC in the TV rack (1 Viewer)

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Ah, ok. I also already thought about that and I´ll solve this this week. At the moment the cooling is the primary problem. I´ld prefer a passive water cooling, maybe with a modding effect. Where my HTPC was placed before, a nice blue lightened water tower would look nice. 8)

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Hehe, I bought one. Big, blue and water inside: The Zalman Reserator. I´ll install it this weekend and post the pics then.

Some more mods until now were the described card holder (kind of a bridge) and a wood looking foil to cover the drives. Looks good now, pics will follow. ;)

Next is the water cooling, then I´ll fix all cables, maybe add a Pabst fan in the back of the rack (depends on the temperature after water cooling) and finally add a blue LED light that starts when opening the rack.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Mama,

saw from the picture that you've the Revoltec Procyon Card reader.
    Did you connect the Firewire as well?

The cable that came with the card reader had a standard firewire connector. However i need to connect it directly to a connector on my motherboard. It looks like that i made something wrong with the pin layout, it's hardly readable on the card reader itself.

Seeing that you like to "play" around with the stuff, you'd probably know the pin layout?

thx,

Helmut

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    I didn´t connect it, but I´ll take a look at it. Normally the pins are marked with the single connectors. In the manual of your board should be the layout of the onboard connectors. What board do you have?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Mama,

have the ASUS P4P800 Deluxe. I know the pin layout on the motherboard,
    as it is documented, i just have a problem how to map them to the connection on the card reader, as this is not documented.

best regards,

Helmut

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Sorry, had no time today, my neighbours came to visit us. They´re just gone and now I´m a bit drunk (little bit, but enough to be tired). So I´ll get this cable tomorrow evening when I´m coming home and take a look on how to plug it, as I wanted to install the water cooling anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom