HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
some feedback:

@123vak123
  • #HTPCInfo.NetworkDevice<digit> tags group contains now only "real" devices (adapters like Loopback, Tunnel are invisible now).
  • I have checked the ticker part and for me it is working as expected. Could you please tell me, what refresh cycles you have configured?
@SpudR
  • In the thread here you have posted the information, that VolumeControl breaks the MP startup. Based on this feedback, my idea was to give you an answer why.
  • But as I unfortunately I must learn again, such possibly interesting information - also for the development group - leads to a laugh or absurd reactions. I think it's a pity that even after many years of supporting the MediaPortal community, I'm not even taken seriously anymore.
Side note:
  • All other plugins of mine have been updated additionally.

Micropolis

Last edited:

123vak123

Portal Pro
December 13, 2010
Minsk
Home Country
Belarus Belarus
Hello, Micropolis
1. Problems with s.m.a.r.t.-status began in Windows 10. In Windows 7 everything worked fine. According to your advice I launched a Disk Monitor from your collection. This program works fine in Windows 10 only with administrator rights. Disk Monitor showed normal s.m.a.r.t.-status and, oh, a miracle, Mediaportal also showed s.m.a.r.t.-status. I restarted the computer, launched MediaPortal - no s.m.a.r.t.-status, in the logs the message "HTPC Info: S.M.A.R.T. Accessibility Error." OK. Without leaving the MediaPortal, I launched a Disk Monitor - s.m.a.r.t.-status appeared in the MediaPortal. But that's not all. I exit the plugin and re-enter it. No s.m.a.r.t.-status and a new record "HTPC Info: S.M.A.R.T. Accessibility Error." appears in the logs. If I select another disk in the Disk Monitor, the s.m.a.r.t.-status appears again in the MediaPortal. After that I can close the Disk Monitor and everything works fine. I didn’t find any other pattern of joint work of Disk Monitor and MediaPortal.Well, something like this.
2. In the new version of the plugin network adapters are defined normally. Thanks you.
3. About the ticker. Configuration settings you can see in the screenshot. I cannot exclude the possibility that I did not correctly register it in the skin files. I have not found information on how to do this correctly either in your files or in files of other skins.

Attachments

• Ticker.jpg
    Ticker.jpg
    58.1 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello 123vak123,

... Problems with s.m.a.r.t.-status began in Windows 10 ...

Strange, but I do not have a quick solution yet. Let me try to reproduce this in the next few days.

... About the ticker ...

Normally it's enough to use the correct property, but give me the chance to explain the refresh mechanism. In the configuration dialog you have the chance to define, how often the property should be refreshed. In the "Settings" tab you can select between 1, 2, 5 and 30 seconds. To prevent unnecessary load on your HTPC, the ticker properties will NOT refreshed every time. Depending on your refresh cycle setting, the ticker will only update after x refreshes. In your case - assuming, for example, that you have selected "2 seconds" - the ticker contains refreshed data after 1.000 seconds (2 seconds * 500 cycles). Maybe you should play with both settings to find a well balanced constellation.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Can someone verify - this plugin breaks my MP startup (MP never starts).
    Disabled this and MP is fine - MP 1.19.0Pre
    Forgive me for not remembering a post OVER A YEAR AGO that you never responded to at that time.
    Going to assume that this is dead then...
    - I believe that my comment sums that up

But as I unfortunately I must learn again, such possibly interesting information - also for the development group - leads to a laugh or absurd reactions. I think it's a pity that even after many years of supporting the MediaPortal community, I'm not even taken seriously anymore.
    You seem to need to grow a sense of humour...

Forum-User

Banned Users
    November 13, 2013
    Home Country
    England England
    I suggest to start with chapter 5 of the HTPCInfo manual to
    Ah, finally I found a link so I could download it! WHY is there no link to the manual on the download page?

Even better, why isn't it in the .zip file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom