hulu player (1 Viewer)

wildcatbn

December 9, 2008
Hi everyone first post been a lurker for awhile now.

Anyway seems like alot of us would like to see a hulu player in MediaPortal. I was searching around the intertubes today and ran across this website. Paul Yanez Labs - Hulu Media Player

The player he made with adobe air and seems to work well. I tried to get multi whatever to open the player but so far no luck. Figured I would share and see what you guys think.

Wildcatbn

tonyscha

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Iowa
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I havent tried it, but I would imagine just install the "My Programs" app and start it up, I did a similar thing with Pandora which is based of Adobe Air...

If I had enough how-to I would love to program a hulu plugin, But I dont... anyone want to do a joint task effort on this? I have 2 weeks off :D

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    An other alternative is the MultiShortcut tool that way you can place a shortcut in your UI and you don't have to first open MyPrograms and then open Hulu.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    An other alternative is the MultiShortcut tool that way you can place a shortcut in your UI and you don't have to first open MyPrograms and then open Hulu.

Just note that there's reports that it does not work on RC4 (yet).

mightysween

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008

Having used Hulu, I can say that the way their videos are streamed (as far as URL generation, bitrates, etc) is pretty complex. It is probably best to just leave it in their Flash based "container" and just open it as is.

While the performance of Flash isn't great, there is really no reliable way to get video streams directly from Hulu's servers, and since they are an ad-based company, they would simply blacklist your IP if you figured out how.

This is the way most other media centers are using Hulu (like Boxee, for example), and they are working cooperatively with Hulu's consent -- i.e. they are just incorporating the Hulu Flash system into their plugins.

tonyscha

Portal Pro
    May 2, 2007
    Iowa
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I tired the program hulu adobe air program, but my remote didnt work, did anyone else have a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom