I can't start Mediaportal?? (1 Viewer)

ingolf

November 11, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hey,
I am a new user and has just read comments and reviews about Mediaportal, and decided to install the program since everyone seems to recommend it.
However, I have some problems to start up the setup and also the program itself.

I have sucessfully installed Microsoft. NET Framework 2.0 and Mediaportal0.2 with 0.2.04 update. But I cant start the program. Windows creates an error report. When I start up Mediaportal Setup I get the errors in the attached pdf file.

I have no idea how to start figuring this out. Have read through other threads but haven't found something similar. Maybe that's just due to my lack of understanding of this....

I will really appreciate if someone can help me.
Best regards,

Ingolf:)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Uninstall and delete the Mediaportal folder and install 0.2.1 instead, as this is a more upto date stable version.
    Also try not to make too many alterations, in setup, until you have a basic working version.

ingolf

November 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hey,
    I tried to do as you say, to uninstall and delete the mediaportal folder. Then I installed 0.2.1 instead, but I still have the same problem. I have just default settings in Mediaportal setup. I still can not open Mediaportal. anyone that knows how to fix this?
    Ingolf

CBLayout

November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi.
    Same problem for me. After instalation. Reboot your pc and open Mediaportal. It works for mee. I use XP-pro sp2 IE7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom