I need my xface skin to "get" info from ID3 tags... (1 Viewer)

hotstreak

Portal Member
February 14, 2008
Hi all

Now there's only one thing left before my skin is perfect... As I was tuning the music filmstrip view I realized I want to have three labels on the bottom of the screen for the selected item, namely, Album (which is #selecteditem already), Artist (which is #selecteditem2 already) and Year. Problem is I can't figure out how to get the skin to get the variable "year" out of the selected albums ID3 tag or album info screen. In myVideos it was easy since #year, #rating etc was simply variables, but with myMusic this simple solution does not work.

Any ideas on how to make the skin fetch this little piece of information about the item selected?

thanks

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    when you say for myvideos it was easy, you're not talking about the filmstrip for myvideos? Right?
    because you won't have this information there either.
    we just set selecteditem, selecteditem2 and selectedthumb. nothing else.

as i see it now, we would need to read the tags or database on every change to provide you with more information than what you have currently.

hotstreak

Portal Member
    February 14, 2008
    thanks for your reply hwahrmann :)

I was actually talking about exactly that in myvideos, but instead of adding another selected item i added labels #genre, #rating, #year etc and it worked! I am really a supernoob at this but i figured i'd give it a try, with the original backed up and it turned out beautiful.

I'm not sure how difficult to set maybe selecteditem3 to "year" or "date" and where it is done?

This is what the fadelabels look like in common.window.video.xml and it produces the desired information about the selected item:

<control>
    <animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" time="500">WindowClose</animation>
    <description>Selected item Label</description>
    <type>fadelabel</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <posX>762</posX>
    <posY>585</posY>
    <width>365</width>
    <label>#genre</label>
    <textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>
    <font>font13</font>
    <visible>!facadeview.list</visible>
    </control>

any clues?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well, it's a different story, in which module you are.
    For example, in the Now Playing screen, i can set the variable #year, cause at that time i have access to the data of this single entry.
    Now in case of the filmstrip, i don't have this information, since the db query only returns Artist and Album at that stage.

yvos

Portal Member
    November 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi

I was looking for the same info. Actually also for the genre.

But I guess it's not possible right? Any plans to make it available maybe?

Best
    Yuri

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom