I should have left MP alone... (1 Viewer)

Al_Ghazi

Portal Member
October 10, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

I just installed the feature relase of MP (2.1.0) and that seemed to go ok. I also installed the MCE replacment plugin and now my MCE remote does not work at all.

I have disbaled the plugin. and ticked the "Use MCE remote) in the config app, but it just won't work.

Can someone familiar with the MCE replacement plugin tell me what I have done wrong?

Help

Please

Ghaz

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    A good way to test is to simply see if the arrow buttons on the remote can control other applications (IW not MP). This will determine if the issue is a driver problem or an MP problem.

Make sure MP has focus too. Some people have had issues with latest release where MP is not the focussed ap. If this is the case then you will find that MP will respond to the TV guide buttons and similar things, but the arrows don't work.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

I have found that my MCE remote sometimes stops responding. Usually if I reboot everything works again.

Also I think if you have installed the replacement driver the normal MCE function in MP wont work anymore, only the plug-in can be used. Try to install the original driver again, the documentation will tell you how.

Cheers
    GeoV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom