Icons In Folder View (1 Viewer)

sfreema1

December 10, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello All,

I'm new to MediaPortal, but have been an HTPC user of various systems for a couple of years now. I'm looking ot replace my current set up and Media Portal has a lot of really useful and interesting features. Right now I'm just going throught he initial set up phase and have a question about My Music.

I use a Share/List view. For top level albums like a soundtrack, the folder icon that appears is the proper folder.jpg for that album. But for albums that are in an Artist folder (i.e \Radiohead\OK Computer\), the artist folder is just a the stock folder icon. In other syetms that I have used, the artist level folder is usually depicts the cover art of the albums under it so that it doesnt look so plain on screen with just the generic folder icon (so the Radiohead list view would shouw thumbnals for OK Computer, Pablo Honey, etc).

Is there a way to do this in MP?

Thanks very much!

Stu

armyofme

Portal Pro
January 21, 2006
York
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Stu, in my setup you can see the album art in the Radiohead folder but only because I spent some time collecting the art myself with the aid of the albumart software (SourceForge.net: Album Art Downloader).

There may be an easier way of doing this. Anyone else any ideas?

Armyofme

Attachments

• 17-10-49.png
    17-10-49.png
    282.7 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Check the option "Use existing album thumbs to .." -> "Create artist previe thumbs" found in Configuration.exe -> Music -> Music Database

tis will use your folder.jpg and produce artist preview thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom