ID3 Artwork: no artist artwork (1 Viewer)

psykoman

Portal Pro
August 30, 2006
Graz
Home Country
Austria Austria
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome 2.9
Windows Version: Windwos Vista x86 SP1
CPU Type: AMD X2 3800+ EE SFF
HDD: Samsung 250GB
Memory:
Motherboard: Asus M2A-VM HDMI
Video Card: IGP ATI x1250
Video Card Driver: ATI CCC 8.7
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1
1. TV Card: Twinhan 1034
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD 8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 1.65
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE Remote
TV: Sony KDL 32D3000
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I want Media Portal to create artist thumbs from my existing album thumbs. Proper checkbox in settings for database is selected. The folder I selected for import, is my iTunes library. Views just work fine, also album thumbs do. But there are no artist thumbs generated, except for some artists. Those artists have been opened in Windows Media Player before. If I open other albums with no artist thumb in in MP in WMP, the artist thumbs are afterwards generated by MP.
I suppose iTunes writes the cover art in another ID3 tag than MP is looking for. List of possible ID3 image tags
My ID3 tags are all version 2.3 –*is there any chance that MP can look for other ID3 image tags for creating artist thumbs in future releases?

Thanks in advance!
Greets
Geri

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Currently we take only the first picture found in an music file. we don't look at the picture flag at all.
    i don't think that wmp is inserting pictures directly into the mp3 file, at least it doesn't do it here.
    Could be that it creates a folder.jpg, which we later read.

if you find some time, you could do a test for me.
    1. look for a fle,whereyou don't have artist thumbs and store it away.
    2. opn the file in wmp
    3 do a binary compare of the files, if the have been modified. you could also upload them to a free file hoster nd PM me the lik. i will look at them.

As an alternative, you may use the AudioScrobbler plugin. in it's setup, you find dislogs to retriee missing album and artis info from last.fm.

psykoman

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    WMP isn't inserting a picture in the mp3 file. the picture is already in the file, displayed correctly in iTunes (Mac), Explorer and WMP, and as thumb for albums BUT not as thumb for artist. My whole library is tagged correctly and set up with proper album cover. So theres no need to retrieve missing information. After I listend to a track in WMP, reimported the database in MP, the thumb for artist is there (in the folder and displayed in MP). At first I tested with single tracks/artists, afterwards I imported the iTunes library in WMP and now all artist thumbs are displayed correctly. No folder.jpg has been created.

I will do the test next week and send you the results via PM. Thanks for having a look at this!

Greets
    Geri

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    After I listend to a track in WMP, reimported the database in MP, the thumb for artist is there (in the folder and displayed in MP). Geri

Right. so it seems that WMP is doing some extraction and writing maybe a folder.jpg, which we later pickup using MP.
    you could let MP extract the pictures out of the id3 tag or and let P choose folder.jpg.

and as i stated aove, wmp must do something, which was not ther on the first scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom