[IDEA] iPiMP Spin-off: Simple MP4 Transcoder for MP (1 Viewer)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Agree with PD that recordings would be for things I want to keep (i.e. films). However, this is not always the case.

So maybe some sort of rule on what is transcoded, or maybe just make it manual?

random ideas: transcode where genre is "film", transcode anything over 1hr.. etc?? hmm

What I wouldn't want is for it to transcode everything, then someone goes and cant find a recording, or cant play it, etc.

---------------------

OK another idea, and maybe too much work - but write your own recording screen/section. So the screen basically will list all recordings, and also list any transcoded recordings, as it is your own screen/plugin, could you then make it use the built in video player - so it can play the MP4?? too much work?

So much for my "easy" idea.. :(

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's why i like the delay function in MCEBuddy, so if i leave a recorded program for x amount of days it will encode it, ok i do have to work with the encoded file outside of the MP GUI, ie rename and move to appropriate folder, thats why it would be really nice to do that from inside MP's GUI.

Maybe have a playlist for files to be added to for encoding :)

herrbasan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Reading your post, i checked out MCEBuddy, and i'm using it ever since. MCE Buddy encodes the new recordings in a iPhone compatible mp4, and TVersity shares them. Great combination!:D

Heimkinofan

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Prevent Shutting down: Possible?

Hey there, I think the idea with the MP4-encoding is great!

A few ideas and suggestions i got while readin this thread:

As my htpc is automatically shutting down as soon as there is 5 minutes idle time, it would be very important to me, that shutting down ist prevented (just like it is when a recording is still running) in case an encoding process is currently active (that way it will not be aborted while running).

even more awesome would be a little icon within Mediaportal which acts like the "rec"-icon, but it should shot something like "encode" or "mp4".

I have no idea how much work that would be though.

Keep up the great work guys!

HeimKinoFan

grouper

September 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

I had a look at the forums, Fabrice Transcoder seems to be dead (for current mp versions), iPimp I haven´t checked but is there some work going on with the idea of the standalone transcoder?

I would be happy to have something like this, Mediaslayer is doing a good job on CDs and DVD encoding but I am lacking this functionality for my recordings.

Cheers, Grouper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom