I'm having some issues with jerky video... (1 Viewer)

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
January 19, 2006
I'm having some issues with jerky video, when playing DVDs and TV. The picture looks good it just seems when there is quick movements or the screen changes, I get horizontal lines that flicker on the screen and the video dosen't progress as smoothly. I'm connected via a HDMI to DVI cable and I'm using a Asus A8N-VM CSM motherboard w/ Nvidia 6150 on board video. I'm using a Athlon 64 3500 w/ 512 mb RAM, and the Nvidia Pure Video codec. Any suggestions...?

lgoulart

Portal Member
September 14, 2005
Brazil
I was experiencing almost the same problem described above. Then I tried the "exclusive DirectX mode" and I think it solves it. The drawback is that now when I enter or leave "MyTV" or when I start or stop a video I the screen blinks. If it gives you any clue, I´m using Nvidia decoders. :shock:

Any suggestions on that?

Tks in advance!

htpcoz

Portal Pro
July 25, 2005
Brisbane
Home Country
I'm not sure if this is something that is inherent in the use of the DirectX exclusive APIs, and therefore something that cannot be avoided.

My system does the same thing, it appears like a refresh/resolution change that causes my HDTV to temporarily (1-2 seconds) lose and regain sync.

I am using powerstrip in combination with a VGA -> component converter which could exacerbate the problem. I'm lucky enough these days to not need exclusive, so I've not worried about it, but it would be interesting to see if overall responsiveness of MP would increase if it was enabled.

It would be nice to know however if the exclusive mode could be used globally within MP, so when MP starts in fullscreen mode exclusive mode is initiated on startup, and retained until it is closed. This would then avoid the problem with the periodic flickering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom