IMDb+ for Slovenian users stops giving English titles (1 Viewer)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
I want to update parser to new version, not refresh whole collection.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ohh that part, sorry, missunderstood.

If you have the Extensions plugin installed, then IMDb+ plugin GUI hidden menu has the extra 'settings' option that allows you to enable update-check at startup. Then anytime you wish to force IMDb+ scraper-script update check, you just restart MediaPortal.

You can also adjust the timespan in which auto-update checks are done, default is 24h, but you can adjust it to as low as every 3 hours.

Last edited:

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I only have "Force IMDB+", "Refresh Movies..." and "IMDB+ Info" in the hidden menu (no update at startup option).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Install: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/system/extensions either direct or via MPEI manager (shortcut on desktop)

Now IMDb+ hidden menu at the bottom has an extra option to control IMDb+ plugin settings.

If you do not see this, then you are using a skin that lacks support. Temporary switch to a skin that does have support then, and notify the skin developer to add support.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Ah, I see, I was using old plugin from google code. It updated now.

With new version, I could say its mostly working. Plugin will first detect Slovenian title, but shortly after it corrects itself to international title. Not sure if this is intended behaviour or not, so I'm still including logs from that.

Also, based on what you said previously, how hard it would be to exclude video games from search or at least clearly mark it as video game? Sometimes when I have to pick movie manually, I have no idea I picked video game because names are same.

Last edited:

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Now it's working OK with option "Secondary English title" set to ON. As matejdro also noticed plugin first finds Croatian title but after it switches to international title.
    Thanks RoChess for fixing it.

Attachments

• MP01.jpg
      MP01.jpg
      153.3 KB
    • MP02.jpg
      MP02.jpg
      159.1 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, search node doesn't correct title,too much code to fix something that is not a problem. So green circle == IMDb title as-is, and then details node will fix it with the IMDb+ title code (checkmark inside circle).

I actually have some movies that are derived from video games with no movie page, so I use thedirect IMDb tt-ID to allow them, but will tweak the search system to exclude them.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I guess just displaying "(VIDEO GAME)" next to movie title would suffice (of course you don't append title to actual movie details, only display it in MoPi settings.

Thanks for all your help then.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That's the problem, I can not control how MovPic shows it, except by adjusting the title. There are no custom fields I can use.

But I'll work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom