IMDB+ is missing some "basic" titles for me. (1 Viewer)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, currently reimporting my movies after installing 1.3b, and there are a handful of movies that don't get "automatched" even though I think they should've.

This affects the following files:

Blindpassasjer (1978).mkv --- tt0078576
    Merlin's Apprentice (2006).mkv --- tt0463826
    The Foreign Legion Tougher Than the Rest (2007).mkv --- tt1124014
    Broken Trail (2006).mkv --- tt0482857
    Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn (2012).mkv --- tt2262308

The " --- imdbid" part is not par of the filename but they're the imdbid attatched to it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @zicoz, thanks for giving me a list of actual filenames that fail. At least I can reproduce it then on my development box and examine the scraper-script debug enabled movingpictures.log result that will show me exactly why it fails.

This obviously is relating to the changes IMDb did to the search results on their website, so hopefully I can fix things to improve results.

On a quick manual scan, "Blindpassasjer" and "Merlin's Apprentice (2006)" (as well as all the other) are actually TV-Series, which normally is better suited for MP-TVSeries plugin to handle. Since it is just a three/two episode mini-series I should be able to fix support. It is probably the "(1978 - )" and "(2006- )" year notation that is causing an issue.

Will check into it later.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, and thanks for the quick response as usual :)

You're probably got it right that the problem is the mini-series thing because both Halo4 and Broken Trail are mini-series as well, and the Foreign Legion one is listed as a TV-series documentary as well.

I could probably move most of them across to MP-TVseries, but with the Blindpassasjer one I will run into issues since it's 3 episodes in one file.

The Halo one is also kinda weird as it's listed as a tv-series, but doesn't have any episodes listed, though it originally was released as 6 webisodes I think.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It's ok, I added support for mini-series before in IMDb+, as I use them myself like that. Especially those 2 or 3 episode short ones are sometimes even released as a single playing DVD, which reaffirms the fact that they are considered more movies then TV-shows.

v4.4.6 is out and will allow those to work again.

I only tested it with a "Merlin's Apprentice (2006).mkv" test file, so just let me know if you have any issues with the others.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks, importing TV-series now, but will run Moving Pictures import after and confirm if it works.

dimaal

Portal Member
    September 11, 2007
    The problem still persists. For example the following movie wan't be found (among many others):

"The Kingdom(2007).avi"
    -- IMDB title: tt0431197

I got the only one line in the movingpictures.log about the import:
    Code:
    30-Dec-2012 22:45:29  Info [      MovieImporter]: No exact match for The Kingdom(2007).avi

Moving Pictures Plugin v1.4.2.1430
    IMDB+ Plugin v.2.0.0.281
    Scrapper v. 4.4.6

The builtin imdb scrapper v.2.3.1 works pretty good :(

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The problem still persists. For example the following movie wan't be found (among many others):

Really weird, because I created a 0-byte file with the name you provided and my log file says:

30-Dec-2012 17:02:59 Debug [VideoFormatExtension]: Identifier: Path='C:\MovPic.Import.Test.Folder\The Kingdom(2007).avi', Format='File', Hash='0000000000000000'
    30-Dec-2012 17:03:11 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: SEARCH: Title='The Kingdom', Provider='IMDb+', Version=4.4.6, Number of Results=99
    30-Dec-2012 17:03:11 Info [ MovieImporter]: Auto-approved The Kingdom(2007).avi as "The Kingdom" (2007)
    30-Dec-2012 17:03:11 Info [ MovieImporter]: Retrieving details for "The Kingdom"
    30-Dec-2012 17:03:11 Debug [ DatabaseManager]: INSERTING: The Kingdom(2007).avi
    30-Dec-2012 17:03:30 Debug [ DatabaseManager]: UPDATING: The Kingdom(2007).avi
    30-Dec-2012 17:03:30 Info [ MovieImporter]: Added "Kingdom, The" (2007).

I took out the dozen of other log lines to only show the important ones. Is something else going on? Can you take the movie out of your import folder, launch MovPic config, wait a few seconds, remove all of your log files, and then move the file back to import folder and once done (and it fails for u again), close movpic config and attach the movingpictures.log file in here?

Last edited:

dimaal

Portal Member
    September 11, 2007
    Hi RoChess,

tnx for a rapid answer. I wish i had this detailed debug info in my movingpictures.log like you. But nothing :(
    There are only two lines after i create the null-length file in the watched folder (i did like you sad - deleted the log-file after starting the MovPic plugin):

Code:
    01-Jan-2013 21:40:55  Info [      MovieImporter]: Watcher queued The Kingdom(2007).avi for processing.
    01-Jan-2013 21:41:03  Info [      MovieImporter]: No exact match for The Kingdom(2007).avi

It's hard to believe, that's why i upload the full log (with plugin restart after the first lines).

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, MediaPortal log mode set to 'debug' verbosity is first step to get more insight into what is going on (this is what generates the [Debug] lines.

If the problem relates to IMDb+ scraper-script, then scraper-debug mode needs to be enabled as per zicoz link (this is not advised to keep constantly running, as log file becomes gigantic otherwise). Since you have issues, it would help if you can enable it, so I can see exactly what is going on.

To make it easier, I plan to release a new IMDb+ scraper-script soon that will generate additional logging info even in default [Info] mode. For now use the link zicoz provided and adjust MediaPortal config in debug mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom