IMDb+ Not Working (1 Viewer)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
December 21, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I tried to install it first but I got an error saying Moving Pictures isn't installed but them it went on to finish installation regardless. I uninstalled IMDb+, installed Moving Pictures and then installed IMDb+ and it then installed without any errors.

However, when I go to the Plugins section and then click on IMDb+, I get the following screen and I am unable to do anything other than "Alt F4" MePo1.

How can I fix this please?

(Sorry I think I may have posted it in the incorrect place before - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/imdb-not-working.133200/)

Attachments

• missing.png
    missing.png
    8.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @forinor does that file exist then?

IMDb+ needs a skin file to work if you want to configure the plugin options via GUI. It is a very basic plugin though, so copying the skin file from any other skin folder that contains it should work fine. Most skins have added support though.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi @RoChess , thank you for helping out.

In the other thread that I posted up, another member posted up his/her IMDb+.xml file from the Titan folder, I then placed that into my Titan Skin folder and it worked fine. When I copied the .xml file from DefaultWide Skin folder it wasn't displaying correctly at all, really couldn't make out the different options etc.

It works fine now though because I added the file in there.

Why would it be missing in the first place though?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Not sure why the file was missing, you would have to talk to the skin developer.

I know TitanExtended included IMDb+.xml by default, and I was under the impression that this was merged into Titan itself. Perhaps Titan no longer has the file by default, but that would be up to that skin developer to decide on. You can always ask them though.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Fair enough, thank you.

Maybe you might be able to help me on another issue?
    I installed MovingPictures and allowed it to scrape whatever for my animation files, and then viewed what details were available in MP.
    I then used IMDb+ to do the scraping and update all of the files, but when viewing the files within MP, nothing seemed to have changed.

Is that right? Am I missing something?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MovPic keeps the original scraper-script used assigned to the movies you imported with those.

That is why the IMDb+ plugin has an option in the hidden menu (left arrow on most skins) to "Force IMDb+..." and re-assign those movies to use the IMDb+ scraper-script instead. Then you simply refresh them, and all the data will be updated by IMDb+. Keep in mind that there is an option in IMDb+ to only update a limited amount of fields, so be sure to configure that correctly if you expect everything to be updated.

Of course you can also just send all the movies back to the importer, and IMDb+ will take care of the rest, because once installed it does force itself to become the primary scraper-script for every new import.

PS: Keep in mind that there is a new bug in IMDb+ that causes summary, and some other data to not be obtained. I have fixed it for my locally, but Google code is read only now, so I can not share my fixes automatically yet. Will have to convert project over to GitHub, and release a new IMDb+ plugin, but will have to see if I can manage doing that this weekend. Right now it still works for majority of movies though, seems imdb.com is not rushing to push their new changes out yet.

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    That is what I did, left arrow, Force IMDb+ and I did that for all of my files, it took a while to go through the 604 files, and before I did that I had gone through the settings enabling/disabling all what I wanted. One of the things I really wanted was the Tomatometer from Rotten Tomatoes so changed the settings accordingly, or at least I think I did.

How do I send everything back to the Importer? Should I delete the database created by MovingPictures, would that make a difference? (If so, how would I do that).

Sorry I am very new to MP, been less than a week. In fact, been less than a week with a HTPC....

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    RT is broken right now, as it needs the RegExp fixes I already committed to GitHub. It also suffers from API restrictions, so you have to register something else with them to obtain your very own key that you can use. It works without it for like 5 API calls per day, which is usually fine when adding new stuff, but refreshing an existing collection would cause serious issues for most users (unless done manually very slowly).

As for sending movies back to the importer, open up MovPic config (separate standalone app, so quit MediaPortal), and then from the Movie Manager tab, select any movie, and then use CTRL+A to select them all. Then you can use the gear icon in top right corner to use the "send back to importer" option for all those movies, and IMDb+ will do the rest.

You can indeed also delete the database, but then before you allow MovPic to import new movies, you first need to launch IMDb+ plugin, so it can re-add IMDb+ scraper-script to the new database.

I am hoping later today to be able to release the updated MPEI though that fixes missing summary/ratings for both IMDb.com (rare still thankfully), and RottenTomatoes (all ratings broken, except users)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    @RoChess Thank you for your reply.

Any updates on RT?

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm updating the sticky thread on my progress with getting a new release out. GitHub done, code updated, but haven't been able to compile yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom