IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (4 Viewers)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I did a scrape of 1.000 movies two days ago and all went normal. Today I do the same scrape and now SOME movie titles are in Dutch and others seem not to come from the rename script, although Moving Pictures says it is using IMDb+. It only affects the TITLE field. Maybe some change in the IMDb-api that has just taken place?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco, have seen others ran into that issue before. For the life of me I cannot remember the cause and solution, and I'm sure if I spend time searching this forum I can find the related posts, but at the same time you might be right that something changed, so I rather look at your logs.

Are you able to give me full scraper-debug logs that turn movingpictures.log into a 1MB file for a single movie refresh/reimport?

Instructions available @ RoChess/IMDbPlus

Sorry for all the broken screenshots, as I never find the time to sort out my personal VPS and rather watch movies, TV, or play games lol

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No worries RoChess, you do a great job! I'll get back with the logs. Give me a moment.

In the meantime: I've been looking like hell for the setting where you can change the refresh period for the update of the scraper script. By default it's 24 hours. So I have to wait 24 hours to get an update after a fresh install of IMDb+! I want to change that to startup of MP, but I've been looking all over for that setting. Please: I need you to tell me where it is. Exact file location, please...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco, those are settings within the main MediaPortal.xml config file.

You should be able to modify those with the MediaPortal Extension plugin in GUI -- Extensions

Or open the mediaportal XML config file with notepad or alike and look for IMDbplus config section.

Specifically look for: IMDbPlus > plugin_options_sync_interval that has default value of 24 to lower impact on IMDb.com website

What I would recommend though (setting I use myself) is to change "plugin_options_sync_on_startup" to 'yes'.

That way everytime you launch MediaPortal it forces a new update, so it only adds extra pressure on IMDb.com website when you close/open MediaPortal

They do ban IPs when they detect abuse, but it is powered by massive infrastructure that Amazon owns, so you'd have to go really crazy :D

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great! That's exactly what I want: refresh scraper-script at startup of MP. That's more than enough for me. Thanks.

I've made a new log. I resent 6 Disney movies to the scraper:

Fun and Fancy Free becomes "Bongo de Beer"
    Sleeping Beauty becomes "Doornroosje"
    The Emperor's New Groove becomes "Keizer Kuzco"
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame becomes "De Klokkenluider van de Notre Dame"
    Tangled becomes "Rapunzel"
    Snowwhite and the Seven Dwarfs becomes "Sneeuwwitje en de Zeven Dwergen"

As you can imagine, this is NOT what I want!
    Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• movingpictures.log
      826.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco please do one movie, if that gets fixed they will all get fixed.

But log files are useless to me, they do not contain the HTML source codes from IMDb.com that will be unique to you due to GeoIP/language settings, because if I pull source codes raw it works. Please add the important hidden setting to config file and the scraper-script will log everything I need.

And just ONE MOVIE please, preferably send it back to the importer, so it includes the search-node processing as well (in case there is a bug there as well)

tooker

Portal Member
    September 27, 2012
    Saint-Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @[URL='https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/members/rochess.18896/']RoChess[/URL]
    Hello I have nearly the same problem as @fredco . After the scrape of movies that aren't in the rename script the titles comes in russian. Force english titles option seems not to be working. After the scrape the posters of all movies comes in russian. Even those that are in rename script.
    Here is two logs. One of the movie that is in rename script and the oher that isn't

Attachments

• movingpictures.zip
      125.3 KB
    • movingpictures_2.zip
      129.1 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @tooker perfect log files, and I can indeed see that the Title+Year RegularExpression that decides what language title is in is failing, which is why title does not get updated and the original title from search-node gets used.

Am dealing with deadline for work that is absorbing all of my time, but hopefully I'll have some time soon.

That part of the IMDb+ script is the most complex, so need to take my time to fix it and probably won't be until next week.

You provided everything I need though to fix it, so appreciate the proper logs, and will do my best to find time to do it before next week if the opertunity presents itself.

tooker

Portal Member
    September 27, 2012
    Saint-Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I am glad that my logs are useful in improving your wonderful plugin. Looking forward to fixes!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @tooker, found time during the day, issue located (thanks to your proper logs), and ba-da-bing it should be resolved now :whistle:

v4.9.89 is pushed, so once IMDb+ plugin updates it for you within 24 hours (and you can force it if needed), then you should be good to go.

Verified purely on source level, so it is possible I overlooked something, but then just let me know and provide new logs please :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom