IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (5 Viewers)

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Here is the log file! Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• movingpictures.rar
      112.5 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Okay, glad that fix worked. At least for the sample set you and I both tried so far. I'm sure there are some fringe cases that will still fail.

That was reason for 4.10.3 released shortly after, as I stumbled upon "My Dinner with Hervé (TV Movie 2018)" failing after I got "Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (2014)" to work.

Plan to do a more serious rewrite on the entire system, but need to create a pull request for Moving-Pictures first.

PS: Noticed in checking logs that Finand uses K-18 and alike for movie ratings. Would you like me to expand IMDb+ to support that, or prefer the G/PG/PG-13/R rating of the MPAA in US?

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I’ll report back in case I find some fringe cases in the future
    Regarding the localized ratings: No thanks! I actually prefer original language titles and US certifications. So no localized rating etc information for me!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Most ratings are useless anyway, because it depends on a lot of additional factors. Have a pull request to enhance IMDb+ to incorporate full parental guide support, so instead of some uptight group of moms deciding what G/PG/PG-13/R rating to stick on a movie, you will instead see the overview on the contents of why a movie deserves a certain rating, such as:

It would only list the labels initially, but potentially expand that to the full description and have a spoiler toggle. Often movie parental guides (such as Cliffhanger) lack the spoiler tag, hence only showing the labels will be the default. Most content is community provided, so it's still not a guarantee, but it might help others making a more informed decision.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    deciding what G/PG/PG-13/R rating to stick on a movie, you will instead see the overview on the contents of why a movie deserves a certain rating
    A good addition, some standard video plug-in grabbers get this information to. :)

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Okay, glad that fix worked. At least for the sample set you and I both tried so far. I'm sure there are some fringe cases that will still fail.

Hi! I noticed that IMDB+ / MovPics still downloads Finnish language covers if they are available instead of the English ones. Is it possible to fix this behaviour as well? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom