IMDb+ plugin first edition (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, big supprise revealed :D

Plugin.IMDb+.jpg

You can now adjust all the IMDb+ Scraper settings from within MediaPortal if you install this new shiny plugin.

For the time being it only works for MediaPortal v1.2beta+ and I was only able to make a skin file for DefaultWide. It's a very simple skin file, so it should work as-is in most other skins, but I'm going to have to rethink a few things for a 4:3 setup.

The source code and new versions will end up on a Google Code project page, but I want to get some initial feedback first from a few users on this version, before I do so.

The zip file contains additional folders that should make it self-explanatory as to how-to manually install this plugin. Down the road a nice MPE1 installer package will take care of all of that, but I have no idea how to create one yet. Expect other updates in the future as well, such as a single installer for scraper and plugin, as well as an auto-update system for the scraper and default rename XML file.

I got a lot more C# learning to do to get to that point (and bother other developers for assistance), so you'll just have to be patient :cool:

Enjoy.

Merlyn

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.3

Neat. I'll test tmrw and give you some feedback ;)

Ok, first fast testing feedback:

1. There are some issues in the skin (see screenshot), on the buttons "Rename & Group" and "Country filter" all button and text labels vanish.
    2. The add foreign title and forein title first dont work for me, i.e. no changes are visible. BUT this might be due to my movie filenames being set to foreign titles (i.e. german titles) and the scraper not recognizing them.
    3. The average score calculation does work, but it gives some really strange ratings, like 3.3 of 10 for The Bourne Supremacy or 2.1 for Pirates of the Carribean. But I guess this is related to me having the ',' as decimal seperator. I think this was mentioned before and is worked on, if I remeber right.
    4. and final the other options i. e. different ratings options all produce correct ratings upon movie details refresh in MoPi, so I guess all the above mentioned bugs except the first are either scraper related or have other causes.

The skinfile works with skin CLR and Fidelity 1.3. In these skins the above mentioned faulty buttons do work, too. It is also usable in Avalon, but the font is too big so that all is very crowded and the resolution doesnt fit.

So far for now. Hope it helps :)

mp-imdbplusskin.jpg

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.3

Ok, first fast testing feedback:

1. There are some issues in the skin (see screenshot), on the buttons "Rename & Group" and "Country filter" all button and text labels vanish.
    2. The add foreign title and forein title first dont work for me, i.e. no changes are visible. BUT this might be due to my movie filenames being set to foreign titles (i.e. german titles) and the scraper not recognizing them.
    3. The average score calculation does work, but it gives some really strange ratings, like 3.3 of 10 for The Bourne Supremacy or 2.1 for Pirates of the Carribean. But I guess this is related to me having the ',' as decimal seperator. I think this was mentioned before and is worked on, if I remeber right.
    4. and final the other options i. e. different ratings options all produce correct ratings upon movie details refresh in MoPi, so I guess all the above mentioned bugs except the first are either scraper related or have other causes.

The skinfile works with skin CLR and Fidelity 1.3. In these skins the above mentioned faulty buttons do work, too. It is also usable in Avalon, but the font is too big so that all is very crowded and the resolution doesnt fit.

If you can kill/resize the screenshot you attached, or use the attachment system which will reduce size auto. I could not even use the forum buttons to reply.

1. I noticed the same problems myself too late, will have to figure out what is going wrong there. The actual buttons do result in the correct changes inside the options XML file, so it seems to be some MediaPortal skin bug. Probably something stoopid I did :mad:, so will look into it.

2. Yes, it only works when the original title is different compared to the languages you have configured (which by default is only English). Try it on an Asian movie otherwise, such as Ging chat goo si (1985) - IMDb. They key is that the main details page has a foreign title, this is then stored as 'original', the English title is then obtained from the AKA page, and at that moment you can use these 2 titles to play with the way it is displayed, either "English", "English (Foreign)" or "Foreign (English)".

3. Yes, this is a bug in MovingPictures. The developers are aware and it is being worked on. For the time being the only solution is to force a single score (there are a total of 8 ratings you can pick from).

4. Yes, see #3. And thanks for testing it on other skins, I'm not setup with any other skins, as it was hard enough already making it all work for DefaultWide :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.3

Ok, seems in my limited MediaPortal plugin development experience I came across a bug in MediaPortal.

It looks like when the description text didn't fit into the GUI box that it would not always play nice on displaying the initial part and then scroll to show the rest.

But by making the font smaller and adjusting the size of the box a little bit, it all works perfect now.

I'm sure I will figure out a new way to break things, but until then, enjoy the attachent.

Note: MediaPortal v1.2beta+ is needed, and skin file for the time being is only made for DefaultWide (though confirmed to work fine in other skins, so just copy it into the respective folder).

Attachments

• Manual Install IMDb+ Plugin.zip
      142.9 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.4

Thanks to mastydan, I was able to verify a fix for an issue in the IMDb+ plugin when only a single line would show for description. This would only affect users who have a different language selected as "English (United States)" inside MediaPortal.

Please download the interim IMDb+.DLL from the Google Code IMDb+ project site for a fix.

There is now skin support for StreamedMP and aMPed as well, please check on those for the latest versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom