import channel list from epg source? (1 Viewer)

superxbmc

February 5, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have comcast cable so I have a comcast set top bx that hooks to my tv via coax. So i started manually inputting all the channels one my one into mediaportal my channels range from 1-999 so i stopped at 100. Then I started matching up the channels I did enter in to there epg source. Today i started researching making a custom epg import xml file. My question is can I import a channel list from the epg site so the epg and my database will match and i will not manually have to enter in all the channels?

Thanks

here is the guide i am following
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/User:rond/US_EPG_setup_using_WebEPG_and_imdb.com

i dont want to manually type in 1-999 channels

superxbmc

February 5, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
i got it to work basically i copied the channel names and numbers from the imdb drop down box i then used dreamweaver to find and replace with comas i then looked at a channel export file from mediaportal to see the xml structure i created one column for each of the xml tags and filled in the values were appropriate i then mapped the columns to the xml file tags and excel makes me the file

it worked awesome i added 563 channels to my channel list

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
Replies
Views
I live in the UK and have never used an internet EPG with MP. Hence I have never used "Schedules Direct", so the following is all second-hand or third-hand knowledge... There is a "TV Server" plugin for "Schedules Direct". Is this the plugin you installed, or are you referring to something provided by "Schedules Direct"? The...
I live in the UK and have never used an internet EPG with MP. Hence I have never used "Schedules Direct", so the following is all...
I live in the US and get my TV from over the air ATSC. Originally I believe I got my guide data from WebEPG, but that stopped...
Replies
Views
This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
Hi! I have videos that I want to show in TV-Series, such as personal TV series and educational series. As some examples I have...
Replies
Views
Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
Replies
Views
Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I wanted to watch something on UK Channel 4+1 I found that the channel had moved. Actually, loads of channels had moved. So I did a rescan on both my tuners but found that pretty much none of the channels...
Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I...
Hopefully a simple question: I have not watched Free-to-air satellite TV for months and so unsurprisingly the other day when I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom