Import problem for Swedish user (1 Viewer)

osen

Portal Member
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thank you so much for this, it's been really annoying having swedish titles :D

One problem though. It works well with all movies having an original title in english, but all movies with an original title in any other language shows up as the original, even though I have set it like this:

<set id="01" name="global_options_original_title" value="false" />
<set id="02" name="global_options_foreign_title" value="false" />
<set id="03" name="global_options_foreign_first" value="false" />

So for example, "A Prophet" shows up as "Un prophète". Anyway to fix this?

osen

Portal Member
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I can't get this to work. Whatever I do, it fetches the original title. It doesn't use the swedish translation though, as the normal scraper does. So all movies with original titles in a non english language stay that way. Is it not supposed to get the international title? Or have I misunderstood something? I've tried with and without the options xml-file.

Code:
30-Aug-2011 21:00:44 Debug [      MovieSignature]: MATCHING: '& profet' WITH: 'Un prophète' RESULT: TitleScore=5, YearScore=0, ImdbMatch=True, AlternateTitleUsed=False, AlternateTitle='', AutoApprove=True 
30-Aug-2011 21:00:44 Debug [      MovieSignature]: MATCHING: '& profet' WITH: 'A Prophet' RESULT: TitleScore=3, YearScore=0, ImdbMatch=True, AlternateTitleUsed=False, AlternateTitle='', AutoApprove=False 
30-Aug-2011 21:00:44 Debug [      MovieSignature]: MATCHING: '& profet' WITH: 'Profeten' RESULT: TitleScore=4, YearScore=0, ImdbMatch=False, AlternateTitleUsed=False, AlternateTitle='', AutoApprove=False 
30-Aug-2011 21:00:44 Debug [       MovieImporter]: Built MediaSignature: Path= "I:\Film-HD\A.Prophet.2009.LiMiTED.1080p.BluRay.x264.NODLABS.(English-subs).1", Folder= "A.Prophet.2009.LiMiTED.1080p.BluRay.x264.NODLABS.(English-subs).1", File= "a.prophet.2009.limited.1080p.bluray.x264-nodlabs.mkv", Keywords= "profet", Title= "En profet", Year= 2009, DiscId= "", MovieHash= "e780e0f509d91c8c", ImdbId= "tt1235166" 
30-Aug-2011 21:00:44  Info [       MovieImporter]: Auto-approved a.prophet.2009.limited.1080p.bluray.x264-nodlabs.mkv as "Un prophète" (2009)

So it auto approves the original title and not the international one? Should I attach the whole log?

Un prophète - France (original title)
A Prophet - Canada (DVD box title) (English title) / International (English title) / UK / USA
En Profet - Swedish

EDIT:

Ah never mind. With the new version it seems to work. First, it fetches the original title, but after retrieving details it changes to international title :) I just assumed it was the same thing so I didn't wait for it to retrieve details, sorry. Thank you.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Fix English, Rename+Group, RottenTomatoes, and more) v3.2.4

I can't get this to work.

Yeah, you are in Sweden and imdb.com gives you a totally different result then I get from USA, which prevents me from recreating what is going wrong for you.

So please enable scraper-debug mode and then re-import the movie (not refresh, but sent back to importer).

Then attach the movingpictures.log file to a reply in here. At least then I can view exactly what is going on. Your log snipplet is not enough to deduct what is going on, but I already find it extremly weird to see the '&' char in the title matching, so will be interesting to see what is happening.

As far as the options go, you have the following combinations:

1. "A Prophet" = just the English title, this is default setting for the scraper
    2. "Un prophète" = get this title by setting "global_options_original_title" to true
    3. "A Prophet (Un prophète)" = to get this result set "global_options_foreign_title" to true
    4. "Un prophète (A Prophet)" = set both "global_options_foreign_title" and "global_options_foreign_first" to true

The second option with enabling the "global_options_original_title" setting means that all the movies with a foreign title will be shown as-is. So with you being from Sweden, you might prefer to have your local made movies show with the original Swedish title, but all the French, Asian, etc movies use the English title (possibly with showing the original title between parentheses as per 3rd and 4th option). To achieve this you can add Sweden and Swedish to the respective country and language settings, so that the scraper will use the Swedish titles as-is, but translate all the other foreign movie titles.

But it looks like something is still going wrong for that French movie. They just changed some HTML code again at imdb.com that messed up the Language detection, so who knows what else they changed. Sent me the log and I'll find out :)

osen

Portal Member
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I can't get this to work.

Yeah, you are in Sweden and imdb.com gives you a totally different result then I get from USA, which prevents me from recreating what is going wrong for you.

So please enable scraper-debug mode and then re-import the movie (not refresh, but sent back to importer).

Thank you very much for the response :) As I mentioned in my edit, it now seems to work with 3.2.4. It auto approves the original title first, but when retrieving data it changes to international title. I deleted the old log from 3.2.3 unfortunately. Do you want me to reproduce it? For 3.2.4 I can't get a log :mad: Debug doesn't work, it just stops and the log repeats this forever (left it for about 20 mins):

Code:
    31-Aug-2011 00:28:05 Debug [         ScraperNode]: Assigned variable: count = 51 
    31-Aug-2011 00:28:05 Debug [         ScraperNode]: executing if: <if test="${rename_array[${count}].@id}=${movie.imdb_id}"><!-- Prevent title from getting cleared if only the sortby field is being adjusted --><if test="${rename_array[${count}].@title}!="><set name="movie.title" value="${rename_array[${count}].@title}" /></if><if test="${rename_array[${count}].@sortby}!="><set name="movie.sortby" value="${rename_array[${count}].@sortby}" /></if></if> 
    31-Aug-2011 00:28:06 Debug [         ScraperNode]: if node left value: tt0099558     right value: tt0211915 
    31-Aug-2011 00:28:06 Debug [         ScraperNode]: Removed variable: rename_item

And can no longer debug in 3.2.3 either it seems, same happens (just tried it). So all I know is that it now works with 3.2.4 :sorry:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

For 3.2.4 I can't get a log

I can only help on those specific issues with a full SCRAPER-DEBUG mode enabled log file. Otherwise it is impossible for me to give a proper response to what is going on.

Best guess from those 3 lines is that the custom rename XML file has an error, but it could be that the actual error happens earlier in the scraper and I can't see that, nor can I see what the scraper script is actually doing (this is what SCRAPER-DEBUG mode is for).

As for the Import Wizard behaviour, where search node differs from details node, this is a known problem. All the logic that filters out the actual English title happens in the details node (because when you refresh a movie the search node is not used, so it was best place to put the logic).

During search all the AKA titles are used, so it will match with the English title, but imdb.com title is shown as the original one. It would make the scraper script extremly slow and complex to duplicate the logic that filters out the English title, so it will have to remain a 'bug' :(

So green circle name can be another title, but once you see the checkmark in it, that's when the English title logic has done its work and any rename (default or custom) has been applied.

PS: I'm still interested in a scraper debug log on that movie you first reported, because that '&' char in title is not sitting right with me, as it would indicate an error in my scraper or in MovingPictures.

osen

Portal Member
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

For 3.2.4 I can't get a log

I can only help on those specific issues with a full SCRAPER-DEBUG mode enabled log file. Otherwise it is impossible for me to give a proper response to what is going on.

Best guess from those 3 lines is that the custom rename XML file has an error, but it could be that the actual error happens earlier in the scraper and I can't see that, nor can I see what the scraper script is actually doing (this is what SCRAPER-DEBUG mode is for).

As for the Import Wizard behaviour, where search node differs from details node, this is a known problem. All the logic that filters out the actual English title happens in the details node (because when you refresh a movie the search node is not used, so it was best place to put the logic).

During search all the AKA titles are used, so it will match with the English title, but imdb.com title is shown as the original one. It would make the scraper script extremly slow and complex to duplicate the logic that filters out the English title, so it will have to remain a 'bug' :(

So green circle name can be another title, but once you see the checkmark in it, that's when the English title logic has done its work and any rename (default or custom) has been applied.

PS: I'm still interested in a scraper debug log on that movie you first reported, because that '&' char in title is not sitting right with me, as it would indicate an error in my scraper or in MovingPictures.

I gave it another go and this time it worked. I attached the log.

I see, if it's only during the search it isn't really a problem. But with 3.2.3 it stayed the same even after retrieving details (checkmark) and the original title was the one that showed up i Movie Manager. With 3.2.4 this doesn't happen. I'm 100% sure, I've tried it again two times.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer (and making the scraper) :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I gave it another go and this time it worked. I attached the log.

Ok, the following is happening.

1. NFO file is found, which is used to provide IMDb tt-ID during import (tt1235166)
    2. IMDb tt-ID is used to directly find movie with internal MovingPictures search on "www . imdb . com", which for you results in Swedish title "En profet"
    3. The IMDb+ scraper is then used to get more info, and finds "Un prophète" as the title via "akas . imdb . com"
    4. Other scrapers are configured to also search for the movie

What bugs me is that somehow the title that MovingPictures is using to match has changed into: '& profet', but because the IMDb tt-ID is being used it still works, but that seems to be a bug in MovPic that I'll try to reproduce.

5. IMDb+ scraper is selected as the one to get the info (due to the IMDb tt-ID match) and does it's usual thing. It is unable to detect this movie as being English (which is correct with default settings) on the mainpage and will search AKA page for a possible English title match.
    6. On 2nd search it finds "A Prophet" as the English title to use.
    7. Movie is inserted into database and artwork is obtained.

So everything is indeed working as it should, with the weird Swedish imdb results of dealing with 3 different titles during import. But I will have to look into that '&' title issue, see if I can make that happen for me as well, or if that relates to your location/OS. This would be a MovingPictures bug, but at least it doesn't impact the results, so that's a good thing.

You did help me find a small log bug in my script though, it doesn't affect function of scraper, but results in log entries that should not be there. I've already fixed it, but it is not a show-stopper that would require an immediate publication, so I'm going to hold on to it until I got the new plugin done.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom