Import & Title problem merged (1 Viewer)

kneckler

October 11, 2011
I'm still on 3.2.5, but I don't see this mentioned so I'll assume it's still like this for 3.3.0.

"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" gets titled "The Good, the Ugly, the Bad" which is kind of silly.

From Zwei glorreiche Halunken (1966) - Release dates :
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Australia (imdb display title) / International (English title) / UK / USA
The Good, the Ugly, the Bad USA (literal English title)

Obviously I would prefer the first title ;)

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.0

When I added my collection yesterday, I forgot to enable the Long Summaries option. I am able to update the summary on a per-movie basis in Mediaportal by manually refreshing metadata in Moving Pictures. However, when I tried to batch update all files in Moving Pictures config using the "update mediainfo" option, the summaries didn't change. I ensured that the setting to update all fields was enabled. Is there a faster solution than clearing the DB and re-adding all my movies?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I'm still on 3.2.5, but I don't see this mentioned so I'll assume it's still like this for 3.3.0.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Australia (imdb display title) / International (English title) / UK / USA
    The Good, the Ugly, the Bad USA (literal English title)

I accept any "USA" reference and blacklist a few entries. The search is done from bottom to top as some other movies freak out otherwise with multiple title changes where last entry is the correct one. The existing blacklisted ones are (working title), (promotional title) and (IMAX version), so I'll just added (literal English title) to this list as well. This will make it into v3.3.1 with the tagline fix, but am busy testing the new plugin first so that it will distribute automatic to everbody who has the new MPEI package installed.

Hopefully in a few hours :)

When I added my collection yesterday, I forgot to enable the Long Summaries option. I am able to update the summary on a per-movie basis in Mediaportal by manually refreshing metadata in Moving Pictures. However, when I tried to batch update all files in Moving Pictures config using the "update mediainfo" option, the summaries didn't change. I ensured that the setting to update all fields was enabled. Is there a faster solution than clearing the DB and re-adding all my movies?

This is weird, if you indeed have that option enabled to update all fields, then there should be no difference between updating one movie, or all of them. I've done this myself numerous times, so that should work. Since I've been busy testing foreign summary updates, I just recently did a lot of testing on that, so I actually know for sure it should work. Can you open MovPic config, goto "Movie Manager" tab, select two movies and then hit the refresh icon and verify if their summary got switched to 'long'? If that works, then selecting 3rd and holding down SHIFT key and then END should select the rest so u can mass-update them all.

If it fails, I'm going to be needing some debug logs, actually I've added a simplified logging system to v3.3.0 and plan to expand that, so it will be much easier to provide me with what I need to fix a problem in the future.

My vote is to have this in the start menu since I like to have the desktop 100% clean on my HTPC.

I was already leaning to that, so start menu it is :cool:

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

RoChess,

Stupid mistake on my part. I was using the "Update Mediainfo" option rather than the Refresh button. Apparently the former simply checks for changes to the movie files rather than scraping for new info. When I used the green refresh button it worked fine. Sorry for wasting your time.

:oops:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

RoChess,

Stupid mistake on my part. I was using the "Update Mediainfo" option rather than the Refresh button. Apparently the former simply checks for changes to the movie files rather than scraping for new info. When I used the green refresh button it worked fine. Sorry for wasting your time.

:oops:

Never a waste, it simply confirms to me that I need to make more picture-help pages, like I did for the wiki Install guide to manually install the scraper script.

When you see an image of the icon you are supposed to use, or like a big red arrow pointing to where you have to click, it has a much lower risk of mistakes then trying to explain via text. Pictures do say more then a thousands words then :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom