Importer creates the same album multiple times

Discussion in 'mvCentral - Music Videos Plugin' started by bta489, March 31, 2015.

1. bta489

bta489 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi there,

I'm currently rebuildung my database. I finally managed to learn a little Regular Expression to have working Parsing expressions for my file structure and I'm currently scanning the files. Since in the first attempt the importer still created albums although I checked "disable album support", I came up with another solution. Since Albums (at least in the database) can't be avoided completely I want each artist to have 2 'albums', one for all the musicvideos, the other one for all live-performances. I'd actually prefer this way over no albums at all.
    The scraping part works as intended, but the importer keeps adding the same album multiple times, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a clean database:
    MP_mvC_MultipleAlbums.JPG
    Doesn't the importer check if an album already exists? Or is he thrown off by the different values for 'Date Added'? This seems to be the only difference between them.

Edit: Additionally, only the first instance of the album is visible in the GUI. All others are not accessible inside MediaPortal. When I drag and drop the tracks in the configuration into the first instance of the album after a while sometimes an error message pops up, saying (translated to english): The object of type "mvCentral.Database.DBAlbumInfo" can not be converted into type "mvCentral.Database.DBTrackInfo".

Exception text:
    When pressing continue the program still kinda works, but the thumb and info panel seem to be stuck and I have to close and restart the Media Portal configuration. I attached a logfile.

Last edited: April 1, 2015
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bta489

bta489 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    After another batch of importing I learned that the problem occurs only with custom albums that do not match any scraped album. If it is an album the scraper recognises, only one album is created and all videos appear in the library in that album.

4. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,633 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    This occurs when the album does not have MBID, I will try to fix in 1.0.8 ...

5. bta489

bta489 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
  6. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,633 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    @bta489
    Test run on my ~1000 files ... if Ok ... New beta in mvC topic :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!