Importer creates the same album multiple times (1 Viewer)

bta489

Portal Pro
March 17, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

I'm currently rebuildung my database. I finally managed to learn a little Regular Expression to have working Parsing expressions for my file structure and I'm currently scanning the files. Since in the first attempt the importer still created albums although I checked "disable album support", I came up with another solution. Since Albums (at least in the database) can't be avoided completely I want each artist to have 2 'albums', one for all the musicvideos, the other one for all live-performances. I'd actually prefer this way over no albums at all.
The scraping part works as intended, but the importer keeps adding the same album multiple times, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a clean database:
MP_mvC_MultipleAlbums.JPG
Doesn't the importer check if an album already exists? Or is he thrown off by the different values for 'Date Added'? This seems to be the only difference between them.

Edit: Additionally, only the first instance of the album is visible in the GUI. All others are not accessible inside MediaPortal. When I drag and drop the tracks in the configuration into the first instance of the album after a while sometimes an error message pops up, saying (translated to english): The object of type "mvCentral.Database.DBAlbumInfo" can not be converted into type "mvCentral.Database.DBTrackInfo".

Exception text:
System.InvalidCastException: Das Objekt des Typs "mvCentral.Database.DBAlbumInfo" kann nicht in Typ "mvCentral.Database.DBTrackInfo" umgewandelt werden.
bei mvCentral.ConfigForm.get_CurrentTrack()
bei mvCentral.ConfigForm.mvLibraryTreeView_MouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
When pressing continue the program still kinda works, but the thumb and info panel seem to be stuck and I have to close and restart the Media Portal configuration. I attached a logfile.

Last edited:

bta489

Portal Pro
March 17, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
After another batch of importing I learned that the problem occurs only with custom albums that do not match any scraped album. If it is an album the scraper recognises, only one album is created and all videos appear in the library in that album.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    After another batch of importing I learned that the problem occurs only with custom albums that do not match any scraped album. If it is an album the scraper recognises, only one album is created and all videos appear in the library in that album.
    This occurs when the album does not have MBID, I will try to fix in 1.0.8 ...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @bta489
    Test run on my ~1000 files ... if Ok ... New beta in mvC topic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom