[Finished] Improved Media Source Importer (1 Viewer)

jpichie

Portal Pro
May 12, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
MP2 will definitely require a better media source importer.
Right now, the once a day, at a specified time is not very friendly.

Especially when moving from MP1 which has continuous import scanning.

I understand that MP2 is still in Alpha, and MP1 has been around much longer so it is obviously more polished.

My question is, are there plans to improve this functionality in later releases?
Thanks

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is a much improved media importer being beta tested now but, you can force an import thru the Settings Tab on the home screen any time you want a rescan.
    Nice part about reimports is it only looks for changes and new items making it very fast

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Good to hear,
    I thought I saw this force update before, but I am having trouble finding it now.
    Could you give me the exact menu location?
    Thanks

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Oh, I was under the impression this was a full re-import by the way it was worded, and not just a rescan

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why it isnt like moving pictures? I do not undersand this. There is everything immediatly recognized. I think this way is very user friendly.
    When i see the mp2 way, (Home Page -> Settings -> Media Sources -> Media Sources Overview -> Click each of the Reimport buttons). Maybe it would help, if i can set the auto rescan every minute, instead of every hour.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Maybe it would help, if i can set the auto rescan every minute, instead of every hour.

There's talk (I think @MJGraf mentioned it) of going one better and using directory watching to trigger a rescan as soon as a file is added / modified.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think the bigger, more important aspects of the new importer for MJGraf is going to be completing what has already been started.
    There are items still not imported as per the user request. Such as I just had 5 or 6 movies I asked to be imported. all of them can be seen in Video's but no in Movies. When the importer attempted to import them as per my request of Movies, each one got an error of:

MoviesMetadataExtractor: Exception reading resource '{03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}:////BUGSBUNNY/MPMovies/Jet Pilot [tt0050562]/' (Text: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.')

yet they show up in Videos and they do play

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom