[TV] Improved MiniTV (1 Viewer)

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    at the moment i use xbmc. because of free codec choice normally i would use mp but the epg is very bad. is it possible to make 2 versions of minitv and the user can choose in the options witch one he likes more. the "enhanced minitv" should be like it is done on dreambox or all enigma 2 based receivers or xbmc or dvbviewer:

on the one side of the screen you see the channellist like it is at the moment. on the other side of the screen you see the more or less complete epg description of the channel marked with the remote up down buttons.

users that are fluent in german can also read here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/frage-zum-epg-bzw-kanallistenansichten.113000

thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you maybe post a screenshot or mockup of what you exactly mean?

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks marcel, are there more user that would like to see the "improved minitv"? as i said: one way would be to make an option to choose between the "new" or the "old" minitv.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thanks marcel, are there more user that would like to see the "improved minitv"? as i said: one way would be to make an option to choose between the "new" or the "old" minitv.

I'm not a die hard skinner, but I will take a look into this to see if I can make a kind of mockup/trying version.. I have some ideas in mind, but I have know idea if it is possible so let me think about it.. And...... Don't expect to much, and not too soon.. ;) If I have something done I will add it in this topic!

Personally I like the first link you added the most.. You 2? I think I will try to make something like that, but than in Titan style offcourse.. ;)

EDIT: And when I have something ready, I will contact team Titan to ask them if they like the idea too.. When they like it they can polish it maybe and add it by default. Otherwise I can release it as a kind of MOD for Titan offcourse! :)

Last edited:

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you. yes, the first one looks better, both pictures are only examples. but it would be nice if the room for epg description is large enough (otherwise its hard to read or only 2-3 lines of the whole epg description).

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi marcel,
    are there any news about this "project"? will your idea work or is there no way to do an "improved minitv"?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the reminder,

I have spent some time to it 2 months ago but I could not get it done due some skinlimitations. (Or personal skinner limitations offcourse) but I still like the idea, so who knows what I can do with it in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom