Improvement sugestion: Drop art in My Music (1 Viewer)

Ganton

April 5, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Started on: 2009-04-05
last update: 2009-04-05

Summary: Backdrops in My Music

Description:

It will be nice if Music Fan Art could be use the same system than backdrops (i.e. rotating images).

The idea could be to name the .jps files as the album or artist with a number (i.e. Madonna_01.jpg, Madonna_02.jpg). The images should rotate as they do if you have backdrops (some skins have a directory to this files and they are numbered as 1.jpg, 2.jpg..), so when you play an artis the images will change, but related to this artist.

I have seen Myseries have sth similar (i.e. xxxx_dark_01.jpg, xxxx_dark_02.jp) so the images change every time you select an item.

I have tryied to do it by changing the code of the skin I´m using (the type is "image" for fan art or "multiimage" for backdrops) but so far no success.

Any Sugestions?

Thanks!

Ganton

April 5, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Thank you for your reply!

I´ve been using Mediaportal for a while and right now I think it is the best HTPC software. IMHO better than MeediOS (very, very difficult to configure), Mytheatre, ProgDVB and ALTDVB, not to mention Windows Mediacenter.

My idea was a bit different. I´m using Black and White 1080p skin, and I have fan art for my music and movies (I´m using My Films Plug-in because my movies DDBB is in ANT movie Catalog).

The fan art system works pretty good (i.e. if I select a movie, the background shows the fan art for this particular movie. If I play a song for an artist with fan art the background shows the picture name after the artist or the song).

But (there is always a "but") , what I want is that the background changes showing different pictures for that artist / album / movie. As far as I know when you name the fan art file after the artist / album / film there is only 1 background and it doesn´t change. If you have 5 pictures for the group "queen" you can only show 1 of them (I tried to name the pictures "queen1.jpg", "queen2.jpg".. but the only way it works is that the name is exactly the same than the artist)

If you have
<texture>\FanArt\Music\#Play.Current.Artist.png</texture>

and the fan-art is named "queen.png" when you play a file with the artist field ="queen" the picture queen.png will be shown as background.

If you have 5 pictures of the queen and you want these pictures to be shown when you play a file from the artist (and change every 10-20 sec). I have tried the following:

You have:

<description>Backdrop</description>
<type>multiimage</type>
<id>0</id>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
<imagepath>backdrops_music</imagepath>
<timeperimage>120000</timeperimage>
<fadetime>1000</fadetime>
<loop>yes</loop>
<randomize>true</randomize>

My first idea was to change this, creating a directory for every artist pictures

<description>Backdrop</description>
<type>multiimage</type>
<id>0</id>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
<imagepath>backdrops_music/#Play.Current.Artist</imagepath>
<timeperimage>120000</timeperimage>
<fadetime>1000</fadetime>
<loop>yes</loop>
<randomize>true</randomize>

I created the following directory: backdrops_music/queen/

And put it 5 pictures of queen (1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg and 5.jpg)

No surprise it didn´t work. :)

For the record, my XML abillities are very limited. I hope my idea is clear now, though.

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Tried the exact same thing as you Ganton, and also didn't find a solution. Would be cool if someone has an idea how to get this to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom