[Finished] Improvement suggestion for Weather Plugin (1 Viewer)

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Don't have MP2 installed currently :eek:

PS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that MP1 world weather already has auto detection implemented, are you reinventing the wheel here?

Having a look I couldn't find a weather plugin for MP1 except the one @Micropolis wrote which is closed source as far as I can tell.

I haven't got MP1 installed so I can't check if Micro's weather plugin has auto detection but it isn't listed as a feature.

If anyone has an idea I'm happy to try it out.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

commander197

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    Hi Valk,

@Micropolis plugins are opensource and have the Microsoft Public License. I hope he give me the answer where we can find the source code of his plugins :).

Valk

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah there's a lot of content to go through to try and find it. As for detection it looks like it just offers a few methods to pick from to help. (I missed the lite version thread).

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe some of this info could be entered while installing mp2. And save a whole lot of code, similar to installing windows.

Valk

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You don't want the installer to be full of questions. It's still a plugin but I have been recently thinking along those lines. While not having to prompt the user is ideal I think at the moment it's unavoidable if a reliable reference isn't available such as a GPS.

So unless we have a phone client / remote or the computer itself comes with a GPS we can only make an educated guess and prompt the user on first use / when they click Suggest Location. After a suggestion is offered I was thinking of having 3 options. Ok, Suggest in area, Cancel.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The next release will contain a new Weather provider. The Weather setup screen contains a fully functional autodetect option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom