Improvement suggestion of navigation in items list (I think it's more conveniently) (1 Viewer)

Balagun

Portal Member
October 15, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hello all!
I have small improvement suggestion.

At navigation in the items list of "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" I have noticed small inconvenience.
The situation:
I am in some nested folder and I've selected some list item, which is distinguished from "..".
When I exited out this folder by pressing "ESC" and I returned back to this folder, then I have the same selected list item, which was selected before exiting. It's absolutely logical and correctly.
However when I exited out this folder by selecting of the item ".." and by pressing "Enter" and I returned back to this folder, then I have the selected list item, which was last selected before exiting, but not "..". I think it's not logical and not correctly. I think that after returning to this folder should be selected ".." as last selected item before exiting.

Here is solution.

1. GUIMusicFiles.cs (~ Ln 401 ):

Remove condition if (SelectedItem.IsFolder && SelectedItem.Label != "..") and leave only _dirHistory.Set(SelectedItem.Label, currentFolder);.

2. GUIVideoFiles.cs (~ Ln 494):

Remove condition if (selectedListItem.IsFolder && selectedListItem.Label != "..") and leave only _history.Set(selectedListItem.Label, _currentFolder);.

3. GUIPictures.cs (~ Ln 1643):

Remove condition if (SelectedItem.IsFolder && SelectedItem.Label != "..") and leave only folderHistory.Set(SelectedItem.Label, currentFolder);.

And I'm not sure, but together with it probably it's necessary to remove the condition if (rootItem.Label == "..") completely with {...}
from all three documents (GUIMusicFiles.cs (~ Ln 1230 ), GUIVideoFiles.cs (~ Ln 603), GUIPictures.cs (~ Ln 1702))

Please, comment it.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom