Improvements in media portal navigation (1 Viewer)

Molokoids

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
I don't know for the others but for me I could find useful to have the U key (parent directory) not to stop a the root of each module but to go the home menu. It's a bit awkward to use U and then change to Esc.

It could be nice to rotate the picture left and right with the up and down key (to remember the rotate position is really a nice feature), it will also diminish the number of used keys.

When we are in full screen with a picture, to get back to the folder view just press the enter key could also be nice.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    you can edit the keymap.xml to get most of your wishes done.
    keys r user configurable.

I do not understand what you mean by the first request about the U and esc key?

Molokoids

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Keymap

I don?t know if I?m doing something wrong with the keymap, but when I change a key it doesn?t work.

Example :

<description>Rotate Picture</description>
    <id>50</id>
    <key>R</key>

to
    <description>Rotate Picture</description>
    <id>3</id>
    <key>up</key>

And also, in principle I understand how to exchange keys in the keymap file but don?t really know how to implement what I want.

U and Esc Key

When I use U key in a module, the top parent folder I can get is the module root, but I?ll have to press Esc to go to media portal home. Just nice to press another time U and not Esc to go to media portal home.

By module root, I mean the folder you selected in the setup. By Media Portal home I mean the first screen with my TV etc? hope it's understandable :)

Thanks for the reply.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm affraid that that will cause some annoying moments when you pressed U 1 time too much.

But, why press U a couple of times when you want to go to home?
    You can press ESC @ all moments to go to home ?

The way it is now is the simplest there is I think?

Molokoids

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    I'm affraid that that will cause some annoying moments when you pressed U 1 time too much.

:)

You can press ESC @ all moments to go to home ?

The way it is now is the simplest there is I think?

I just like the idea of one button for going all the way to the top :) But I understand your point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom