[no Bug] In Genre-View no Cover shown (Music) (1 Viewer)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: In Genre-View no Cover shown (Music)

No, there are not over 9000 tracks directly in one Genre-View. There are Sub-Views. When I select the Genre-View, I see the Genres ( Ballad, Pop, House, Rock, Weihnachten...) And then I have a second View withe the Ratings ( 5, 4, 3, 2, 1). Sometimes there are only 10 tracks in one View, like View with tracks that have a Rating with 1. And in this View I can't see any Cover, too.

And the Cover View works in the View with have all my tracks, and there are over 9000 tracks.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: In Genre-View no Cover shown (Music)

No, there are not over 9000 tracks directly in one Genre-View. There are Sub-Views. When I select the Genre-View, I see the Genres ( Ballad, Pop, House, Rock, Weihnachten...) And then I have a second View withe the Ratings ( 5, 4, 3, 2, 1). Sometimes there are only 10 tracks in one View, like View with tracks that have a Rating with 1. And in this View I can't see any Cover, too.

And the Cover View works in the View with have all my tracks, and there are over 9000 tracks.

Please post a screenshot of how you have genre view configured in configuration.exe - I cannot reproduce any problem.

Mark

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Here is the Screenshot

Attachments

• Genre-View.png
      Genre-View.png
      104.3 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    So just to recap (will have chance to look at this tomorrow)

With this view you get no thumbs whatever the layout??
    This is only an issue in this view?

Whilst I am finding the time to look could you please remove >= 1 restriction (should not make any different but you never know...)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I can confirm the problem. Even if you delete the 'rating' line in config, you see the same.

A coverflow view of 'songs' works fine - album covers shown fine - so I would be confident that there is a bug.

Note the original reporter - thanks for reporting and glad we are able to finally confirm this. This shows how important detailed steps to reproduce are. You have changed the database view setting from the default, but did not report that, so it took a while to find the right view to reproduce the issue.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I don't think there is a bug here.

You have the last line in your views as 'selection - artist'. Therefore, it should display artist thumbs, not album thumbs. If you don't have the artist thumbs, eg. downloaded by fanart handler, then it will not display anything.

If you change this to 'selection - track' (or album, or title) then it will use the album art. You just happen to have selected the one 'selection' for which you have no art.

If Mike could confirm (since he understands these views better than I do) that would be good. Then we can mark this as 'no bug'.

Mark

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hi,

You have the last line in your views as 'selection - artist'. Therefore, it should display artist thumbs, not album thumbs. If you don't have the artist thumbs, eg. downloaded by fanart handler, then it will not display anything.

If you change this to 'selection - track' (or album, or title) then it will use the album art. You just happen to have selected the one 'selection' for which you have no art.

If Mike could confirm (since he understands these views better than I do) that would be good. Then we can mark this as 'no bug'.

Mark
    Well spotted yes. The bottom level of all views should be tracks else this might cause all sorts of weird results. When this is artist it will only look for artists and attempt to pick up artist thumbs.

Can you confirm that changing the bottom level to tracks makes album art appear?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Mark
    Well spotted yes. The bottom level of all views should be tracks else this might cause all sorts of weird results. When this is artist it will only look for artists and attempt to pick up artist thumbs.

Can you confirm that changing the bottom level to tracks makes album art appear?

Yep ;)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

works, thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom