In the spirit of , "I don't know what I don't know..." (1 Viewer)

Loach

December 27, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
...could someone affirm to me that in a perfect world, 2 separate USB tuner dongles (Win TV and Diamond-ATI TVW 750U) gives me the benefits of two tuners?
Watch one channel, record another at the same time...record 2 different channels at the same time, etc.
More questions after I understand whether I am assuming correctly or not.

Kevin

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Kevin :)

..could someone affirm to me that in a perfect world, 2 separate USB tuner dongles (Win TV and Diamond-ATI TVW 750U) gives me the benefits of two tuners?
    Yes, I can confirm.

Watch one channel, record another at the same time...record 2 different channels at the same time, etc.
    Yep, that would be a minimum. You should be able to view or record all sub-channels from a given frequency (physical channel) using just one tuner.

Loach

December 27, 2016
    Home Country
    Thanks!
    Then I do have a problem to sort out. More later...

Loach

December 27, 2016
    Home Country
    Like so many other issues with Win10, if you bang what you think are the right rocks together often enough, then re-boot (the magic # seems to be 3) things silently start working...at least, for a while. Both USB tuners are working and the dreading "conflict" warning has disappeared.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you run into trouble again, don't hesitate to throw log files at us and ask for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom