[Bug] Incompatible plugin box Popup - Cannot press OK (1 Viewer)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1
    MediaPortal Skin: StremedMP
    Windows Version: Windows 7
    CPU Type: AMD X3 +5200, 2.7 Ghz
    HDD: WD 1TB
    Memory: 2 Gb Kingston
    Motherboard: Asrock AliveNF6G-GLAN
    Video Card: ASUS AEH4350 SILENT
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 10.9
    Sound Card: ATI HD Audio throughHDMI
    Sound Card AC3: HDMI
    Sound Card Driver: latest
    1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy HD DVB-C PCI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.1.901
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF 5.0 (Cyberlink)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF 5.0 (Cyberlink)
    h.264 Video Codec: SAF 5.0 (Cyberlink)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Silverstonetek LC11M
    Cooling: NorthQ
    Power Supply: 300 watt
    Remote: IMON Harmony
    TV: Panasonic 42" PX70
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

If plugins are incompatible with installedMediaportal version, the "incompatible plugins" box shows up when you start Medaportal.

But you cannot press OK on the Popup, if you have "Always on top" setting in Mediaportal GUI config enabled.

Futhermore, you cannot delete the plugins from Configuration - You have to manually delete the .dll files from the plugins directory

New Feature Suggestion: The plugins should try to update automatically(repository)

/Morten

ShIvADeSt

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2009
    Have same trouble. Even plugin marked as disabled in debug mode it been loaded and so hard to close error dialog. I manually delete plugin' dll. Uninstall didn't remove plugin from MP configuration.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    To remove a plugin from configuration you have to uninstall it which physically removes the plugin files from. If the uninstaller does not remove the plugin files, it is the uninstaller that is broken.

If you meant that you want the plugin to be automatically disabled, then you do not have to worry about this. The plugin is disabled once found incompatible no matter what. The disabled state is not however stored so that it can automatically be reenabled when it is eventually upgraded. Also not changing its state to disabled does not mean you will be prompted each time about the incompatibility - for each plugin you will be prompted only once, next time it will simply not load silently without bugging you.

Regarding the other issue, not being able to press OK, I will have to take a look and get back to you. One question: is that with MP fullscreen or windowed?

About automatic updates: it is currently not possible to do automatic updates due to UAC restrictions. Furthermore automatic updates should be first approved by the user. We are however examining a solution to this for 1.3.0.

Edit:
    I can confirm issue: Continue button in Incompatible Plugins warning dialog does nothing when pressed if MP is configured to be Always On Top.
    The odd thing is that it does respond (visually) to mouse clicks, it just does nothing :confused:.

0003526: Pressing "Continue" in Incompatible Plugins form when MP is Always On Top does nothing. - MediaPortal Bugtracker

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Arion.

Yes - I experience the issue is in fullscreen mode - and yes, the button responds, but nothing happens.

Thanks for the explanation regarding disabling the incompatible plugins.

I thought, that the popup would show every time if a plugin was defined as "disabled", but can see, that this is not the case.

I agree the automatic updates, should be confirmed by user - And I really hope, that a automatic upgrade feature will be available for MePo 1.3.0 - Also a feature to install and remove plugins from within Mediaportal.

Anywhere on the forums to discuss or follow automatic upgrade development?

/Morten

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom