Incomplete EPG Data (1 Viewer)

DPP

September 13, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, I'm switching from WMC and trying to set up a Ceton InfiniTV 6 PCIe with CableCard card. I can set up MediaPortal 1.12 and set up my channels, map them, and view them, but I'm having trouble setting up the EPG properly. I'm using SchedulesDirect but can't get all of the EPG data to load- under a lot of channels it says No Data Available.

I set up an account at SchedulesDirect and installed the plugin (v1.3.0.1), and put my login info in the TV-server config tool. A lot of channels have the EPG info, but some just aren't pulling anything for a lot of them. How can I try to fill in the gaps for the channel data?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

and installed the plugin (v1.3.0.1)
    I'd recommend you uninstall the plugin and delete any channels it created. The reason I recommend this is because the only way to tell it how to properly link EPG data to your channels is to rename the channels to match the callsign in your SD lineup.

In my opinion a better approach is to use mc2xml to pull your SD data into an XMLTV file which can be imported with the XMLTV Import plugin (comes with TV Server). The XMLTV Import plugin enables you to fix the EPG mapping manually. If you decide to take my advice you can use the following guide:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

DPP

September 13, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks so much for your quick response. Sure enough, the XMLTV plugin with that import tool way works better. I have to do some matching in the mappings, but it pulls in the EPG data. Thank you!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Happy to help. :)
    Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom